Want a turbo now...

Josh

Should put an RB in it, would be something different. I don't see why it wouldnt fit either, a mate and I were measuring up a straight 6 Falcon motor for his Capri once and from memory it seemed as if it would fit with some grinding here and there. And an RB would be abit shorter anyway..

they do fit there is a guy on my website with one in his capri..

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck I come back from welly for 2 days and theres 3 pages! awesome. Got heaps 2h2h pics, badass oldschool rides there, will post pics later.

Right...thanks for all the input..idea is a fast streeter, I want over 200hp, at least. Dont have time at the mo, but il actually make a decent reply to this tomorrow.

lol if you want over 200hp then u will have to get forced induction as getting 200hp n/a on a pinto means you will be left with a full race engine lol and you won't like it.

so you might as well start saving for a turbo setup and if you don't plan on doing it yourself you will need about $10k+

or look at a conversion.. and if you don't plan on doing it yourself you are probably looking at about $15k+

don't forget that if you put 200+hp in the front of your car the entire driveline will also need to be worked as well...

Such a wealth of Knowledge :D

Could have kept going and posted a whole page RT.

Easyiest mod if you cant do much yourself is to buy a turbo pinto setup and pay someone to install it.

Or you could do a conversion that has everything on the net for it. Like Zetec. Then pay someone to install it.

Or you could chum up with a mechanic and pay him to install something on the cheaps.

wonder why it hasnt been said.. Zetec!

Or one of those turbo engines out of a Mazda6 MPS. technically a Ford.

Because the New Mazda6 MPS engines are just that. NEW. any idea how much one of them suckers would cost if you could even get your hands on one.

In 5-10 years I will be building one into a ford or Mazda. When they get cheaper.

An RB20DET could be had for a steal at the mo while people want to change theirs out for an RB25DET.

Bolt a T04E on it, up the fuel, throw on an inty and you have yourself some potentially serious power...

Like RT said though, the driveline/brakes/suspension will also need some potentially serious upgrades. And then you have LVV certification....

wonder why it hasnt been said.. Zetec!

Or one of those turbo engines out of a Mazda6 MPS. technically a Ford.

Because the New Mazda6 MPS engines are just that. NEW. any idea how much one of them suckers would cost if you could even get your hands on one.

In 5-10 years I will be building one into a ford or Mazda. When they get cheaper.

Im sure you could get a crashed front cut on the cheaps..

would be wicked tho.

Atro's Zetec is using a type9 so i guess its true. the MPS is a bit newer than his obviously but its the same basic design

Mazda call it a MZR

ford call it a Duratec23 with the turbo MPS engine being called a DHE-423

They dropped the Zetec because this one is better.

So most fords now come with a japanese engine.

Apparently the Aston Martin V12's are made from the same design and shares some components... no wonder they kick ass.

Off topic slightly, but....

Aren't Mazda 6 engines "Miller Cycle" engines as opposed to "Otto Cycle" engines?

Ive seen nothing that states it.. the Mazda v6 in the millenia was a Miller cycle engine. But see nothing on the Mazda6.

A lot of toyota engines are now Atkinson cycle..