Want a turbo now...

Josh

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of rb, but i think toyotas engines are as good if not better and you can pick up a mint 1jz-gte for about $1200-$1500. Put a r154 or w58 behind it and you'd be away.

These motors commonly make 160+ rwkw with no mods. You'd be looking at 240hp before you even start playing with it.

actually after watching the 91' bat.. :D maybe one of those B&H 4cyl Schnitzer jobbies

an m3 s14 engine?! fuck that. for sure. 200hp, but not that nice of an engine, especially in a heavy capri.

thanks for deletion- wtf?

aaanyways its more like 300hp as they were comparing it to the 500hp cars

Wouldnt an m3 engine be fukn mass expensive.

The RB20s are cheap but in my mind too small and why bother. The Rb25s+ are damn expensive at the moment cause drift blah blah blah.

Toyotas are cheap for some reason. 3sgte would be good.

Are Capri's overly heavy? Surely they'd be sub-1100kg wouldn't they, if not borderline 1000kg mark!

In my mind I'd go for the purists approach and keep it Ford based. I reckon a supercharged Pinto would be the nuts, would suit the car well, keeps the different theme going that you have. Maybe a Toyota SC14 or something, have a play with drive pulleys etc and have it cranking 10-12psi..... surely that'd keep you happy.

Keep a Jap engine out of it IMO.... not to disrespect Japanese engines, I feel by doing that you'll be hacking up something that there's not too many left of, and by keeping it Pinto based it'l just keep it as a nice overall package.

A '73 3000GT Capri is 1039kgs according to my manual, so minus a bit for the extra 2 cylinders and then add some for the bodykit etc and your looking at a weight of roughly 10xxkgs.

Isn't too much weight to move around really, plenty of options to make it quick :)

my capri is 970kg in the book. wouldnt call that heavy. i say keep it ford too, sound like a hypocrit but im startin to regret what im doin, twin turbo quad cam mondeo v6 eh.. eh... you know u want to. shouldnt cost much more than 15 grand, plus conversion costs... if u want a fast car just buy an evo. way easier. i bet all the hot chicks would be scared of the power of the capri as it is anyway

Right, i spent all this money (read: 7k)on the pinto only to gain approx 30hp from standard. So im pretty fucked off and fed up and was going to give up altogether with it. But now ive changed my mind and I want more power, and I want in the way of a turbo. So being a n00b to this stuff heres the current engine mods:

2.25â€

Welcome to my world

Don't bother with the pinto mang, just go straight to a SR or something similar. You won't have to spend anywhere near as much(stock SR), it'll look good for show purposes and it'll go hard. I was gonna fuck with my N/A carby 4G63 SOHC, but decided to go with the EFI Turbo version. Double the power, and will be so much better

lol bullshit to that I only spend about $2500 and my shitty pinto makes more power than a SR20

Yea I have thought about the whole conversion thing, but yea hmm, decision decsions...Im only estimating about that much because the civic I raced was not a b16a, but rather a dohc 1600 fuel injected piece, which i looked up are 129hp, and it took me, so that where im getting that from :rolleyes:

lol.. are you getting the power you have down properly? have you got a decent clutch and rear setup? I used to able to fuck on civics with my n/a 2L capri lol.. they aren't even RWD! maybe u need driving lessons :-P tehe

Conversion = big money, but more power I guess, however RT has pulled off a damn nice pinto turbo, least he can do a lot of it himself :(

all power cost money dude... how fast do you want to go? I tried to tell you all this ages ago. And, I wasn't born knowing how to do things myself u know.. unless u decided to learn whatver you decide to do is gonna cost you fortunes.

On the cosworth idea. Could be a good idea. I talked to someone who owned a cossie here in Welly. He said while the engine is capialbe of making big power, once you touch anything on them he says you really do want to have a fresh build as stuff starts breaking. He also says they are unreliable. Dunno how legit this is.

my mate just bought a Sierra cosworth for 7 g's.. and I told him it was gonna cost him a fortune... and it is lol. They are a supercar... but an old one so that = $$$