Want a turbo now...

Josh

I say ditch the pinto.

I dont reckon you bother with a SR tho. Who isnt putting SR's into things these days?

ditto for Lexus v8s.

7MGEU out of a Toyota Supra. Or a 1JZGE

Both use W5* boxes standard, Straight 6's are the best engines ever. and both have turbos.

Capri's have a nice long nose, Take advantage of that and dump a 6 in it :)

Even a L28ET out of a 280ZX would be sweet. VG30DETT or VG20DET out of a 300ZX/Maxima. Heaps of fun.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

capris do have a long nose, but the engine bay isnt really that long, they have a 3 foot long radiator support panel (especially in Josh's pre facelift one) and the firewall isnt in line with the hinges of the bonnet, its about 3 feet forward, so it doesnt leave with that much room. id say do a lexus, but im starting to have second thoughts about doing it to mine now (too bad im committed) so Yb it or suffer the wrath. vroom

whats your total power?

Thats a good question. I would decide on a power you want and then find an engine that is close to that standard. I like the idea of supra styles.

On the cosworth idea. Could be a good idea. I talked to someone who owned a cossie here in Welly. He said while the engine is capialbe of making big power, once you touch anything on them he says you really do want to have a fresh build as stuff starts breaking. He also says they are unreliable. Dunno how legit this is.

im surprised noones suggested a 13B turbo....

that would be mint. 8)

the mojority of people on here are too narrow minded and just rag down on rotaries, would be cool to see it done josh, flisk us a txt if u do decide to go down that path and ill hook ya up

im surprised noones suggested a 13B turbo....

that would be mint. 8)

the mojority of people on here are too narrow minded and just rag down on rotaries, would be cool to see it done josh, flisk us a txt if u do decide to go down that path and ill hook ya up

hook me up and ill throw one in my 85.

fucking tanging drifting machine fanging up to 11k rpm stz

alot of people here are narrowminded, yes, but don't you think there's a narrowmindedness associated with putting a rotary in anything?

'tis probably something different when it comes to capris, but for cars in general in this contry, it's not an unusual thing to see a rotary chucked in for whatever reason..... there's alot of better options out there. i'm not bagging rataries either, i love them.

but yuh. if n00bs can fit a 351 clevo in a capri, anythings possible.

Should put an RB in it, would be something different. I don't see why it wouldnt fit either, a mate and I were measuring up a straight 6 Falcon motor for his Capri once and from memory it seemed as if it would fit with some grinding here and there. And an RB would be abit shorter anyway..

Should put an RB in it, would be something different. I don't see why it wouldnt fit either, a mate and I were measuring up a straight 6 Falcon motor for his Capri once and from memory it seemed as if it would fit with some grinding here and there. And an RB would be abit shorter anyway..

You mean the old 4.0/3.9/4.1 engine? tough.

If those Falcoon motors can fit into Cortinas they can fit into capris.

straight 6 for the win tho

Yea was a 3.9 I think aye. Oh yea thats a good point, one of those should fit without too many issues then, a 4.0 injected one would be the best option out of the coon motors. But yea any straight 6 in a Capri would be mean I reckon..

I suggest you stop, take a deep breath (restore hurt pride) and think about this....

7g for 30 hp gain, I doubt it. You havent dyno'd it. You Just thought same speed = same hp...

I would suggest getting your back wheels on a dyno before you either a) feel too bad about that money on an engine or B) you sell it. At least then you have a "this pinto produces x hp"

You want a fast street car? Are you worried about corners? If not a 302 will give you plenty of straight line speed. (yes I know they are heavy, but 400hp out of 5 L is easier and maybe cheaper than 400hp out of 2 L turb)

btw - how much work on the engine did you do? or was it hired labour?

would rule but why bother when everyone else jus mashes a rotary at everything.

3.8v6 buick/commodore engine? they're cheaps as a mofo

lol, yes the motors are cheap, everything else associated is not.

my mate has one in a series 4 RX7, goes good when its going, but if the wind blows the wrong way something breaks, fart with too much weight on the left buttcheek something breaks...

christ, ants stopped the fucker.... got into the coilpack made a nice home and totally destroyed any spark generating capacity... new price? near on $1000... afm (i think) died, new price? theres that 1K again.

so yes, a good conversion but only if you have good hook ups on cheap holden parts. and thats not too hard, a lot of the parts are easily obtainable 2nd hand, but who wants to keep putting 2nd hand parts in their good car?

oh and as much as you can claim its a buick, its really a holden, holden into ford is just plain wrong.

u can make a 3.9 a 4.0 by grinding off the lil ridge in the head that fukin simple as done it a few times now, if u gonna put in a 4ltr tho migbht as well make it own and xr6t it , just read up about a 1000hp street driven one (when i say street driven i mean no low rpm probs)