Beach Hop '06 - few pics up

Toucan

Ok just letting everyone know that beach hop is around the corner, if you miss the 60's or werent around for them then head to whangamata for a weekend of 60's entertainment :wink:

I went for the first time last year for the last night of the weekend and it was one of the best nights Ive ever had. The amount of awesome V8s/hotrods is insane. Everyone gets into spirit and dresses 60's styles and theres a drive in movie one of the nights and some daytime cruises and a night time one aswel. This isnt really something for the majority of the cars on this site as they are real picky about the cars that can enter, but I still recomend going just to check it out anyway :)

Click here for the official site

I'll be there 8)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fucken orsum weekend, with no liquor ban... cops not pulling anyone over for doing skids in the street etc.

its like a world with out laws there...

I think there is a liquor ban this year, which is pretty sad but Im sure there will still be plenty of drinking taking place wherever I stay :twisted:

It depends on when the crown is ready. The sliders on the brakes have seized again so there’s that and the fact that the wof and reg that I have to put on hold this Friday

So don’t give me any stick she’s a 36yr old beast that’s dying of cancer……………….cut me some slack im peacing all the parts to gether……………………………………………….slowly

right i book the my 2 seats in the crown for that weekend.

fucken orsum weekend, with no liquor ban... cops not pulling anyone over for doing skids in the street etc.

its like a world with out laws there...

ORSUM!

First all it is great to see so many younger people working on and appreciating old cars! Fantastic......

But some of the comments on this thread concern us. As the organisers of the Beach Hop we want to make a few things VERY clear.

The Beach Hop is a celebration of the 50's & 60's and includes the music, fashion, dancing, culture, bikes AND cars of the era. If you aren't into any of that then please don't bother coming.

The event is open to Pre-1972 vehicles of any make or origin - as they are part of the era that the festival recognises. HOWEVER YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER! You will not be permitted into the Main Street closed area from 5pm Friday night until 2am Sunday if you don't have a registration sticker on your vehilce. Registration closes around 15th April. You can not turn up and enter. No sticker - no cruises.

There is a TOWN WIDE Liquor Ban from 9am Friday 28th April until 9am 1st May. Just like New Year - if you get caught drinking in any public place - street/road, footpath or reserve then you will be locked up.

There are 50 extra Police in Town for the weekend. Plus Waikato Security and an Army squad.

There will be Polcie Road Blocks at Whiritoa and Kopu on Friday & Saturday.

Any entrant doing a skid will have their details handed to the Police and banned from future events. Vehicles will be locked up un the "Boy Racer" law.

This is clearly spelt out on our website http://www.beachhop.co.nz

Play by the rules and you will have a GREAT weekend.

Cheers,

Noddy Watts

Beach Hop Central

They obviously decided to enforce a liqour ban due to the fact that some people decided to abuse last years event.

Like I said in my original post, this probably isnt an event for the majority of the cars on this site, I was merely reminding people that the event is coming up in april and is definately worth checking out.

Anyone intending on going dont break any rules and make it worse for next year.

why quote me.... ???

there was no liquor ban last year tho.... dumb they changed the rules on it....

Sorry - I did it again! :wink: I agree that it is dumb that we had to change the rules. It is a shame that we can't have a few beers and watch the cars cruising. But as the others have pointed out, drinking got out of hand last year and as a result the Police and Council insisted that for the event to continue, there would be a Liqour Ban. So we just have to live with that...... and we had one back in 2003 as it was a long weekend!

As the Event Organisers, our asses get put on the line every year and if anything goes wrong, then we are the ones who pay the price. The Police, Council and Whangamata Community, where we live, will be after us to hang us out to dry......

Therefore we will do whatever it takes to ensure that the Festival is a fun, safe place everyone - you, us and the Police. GOOD PEOPLE=GOOD ATTITUDE=GOOD FUN.

Thanks for the support!

Noddy