Beach Hop '06 - few pics up

Toucan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beach Hop was awesome, lots of cars showed up even with the horrible weather, good on them. However there were swarms and swarms of young little shits drinking and rioting in the streets and because of that there were far less cars cruising round the streets than last year. Very sad, they are killing the event.

The street parade on Saturday was awesome, saw sooo many cars I'd love to own, heaps of 67-69 Camaros, 71 Challengers, proper gettaway style cars :lol: Shame it rained though, I didnt get any good pictures. Took a few at the fair before I left on Sunday though. Heres some that I can be bothered uploading:

img37594ha.th.jpg img37629gv.th.jpg img37646xe.th.jpg

img37658wh.th.jpg img37674gt.th.jpg img37684aw.th.jpg

img37728nf.th.jpg img37638ja.th.jpg img37744ag.th.jpg

img37752tl.th.jpg img37498lm.th.jpg img37553jc.th.jpg

Anyhow, the real adventrue for me started on the way home...

Boosting along, slowing for an intersection 5kms out of waihi, CRACK and all of a sudden my exhaust is stupidly loud :? Pulled over and it was quite obvious what had broken, couldnt do alot there so drove to waihi.

crack

img37822kx.th.jpg

where it is

img37793ia.th.jpg

solution

img37819ix.th.jpg

heh

img37835bf.th.jpg

Thats about as far as my MacGyver skills go, knew it wouldnt last, just wanted to get home and couldnt find anything better. Not sure how long it lasted, but it progressively got louder and next time I checked the coke can was gone, so I drove from waihi to hamilton open header styles :twisted: Ive never been in a car thats soo increbily loud haha, felt embarressed as but made the most of it by scaring everyone I saw lol. Guttless as mind, wouldnt rev past 4k. Made it home, didnt even get stopped by any cops which I thought was amazing. Good weekend all in all :D

bahaha. loving the photos

"ill take pics so i can tell stories on oldschool"

awesome.

Hah, whatever cunt, I take pics of everything when Ive got a camera, document my life to impress my grandkids oneday etc :wink: