Avenger79s Avenger

HUNTD

nice avenger dude, never seen a pimped out one.

my old man and his mates race 3 of them in the dunlop targa, if you picked up the december 2006 classic car and went to the targa write up theirs is the blue and orange beast flyin thru the air in the top left.

oh wicked,what engine specs is it running?

you don't happen to have a bulk amount of parts lying around do ya? :wink:

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yup thats it cam, its an 1800 Brazilian block bored and stroked to 1950cc twin carb dellortos, i think it has a ground cam, the entire short block has forged internals, the list goes on, i dont know everything about it but prety much everything has been done to it with nothing over looked. on the dyno it made 180hp and has one big torque curve.

unfortunately no we dont have alot of spare parts we struggling with that as much as every one else.

When I was starting rallying back in the dark ages in the UK, there were a few Avengers around. However, the parts were really hard to find and expensive even then. So some of the lads put pintos in instead. You had to beef up the front springs a bit to account for the extra weight, but they were still running at or near the top.

they won their class in the end, was a good targa the one just gone as they scrapped it out with a 13b RX2 the whole way and came out on top. they finished 51st but had the potential to finish high 20's they always have trouble with bits and peices like this time round the gearbox kept jamming as they kept braking syncro cones, they run a electric water pump and that broke and the 1800 got warm then the gas man didnt put enough gas in and they ran out in stage and had to get it out on 91 pump gas (the 1800 is fully tuned for av gas) and that was the end of the 1800 got a bit warm and poped a frost plug and they didnt want to do any more damage to it. so they had to finish targa on a standard 1600 avenger engine and just hope the RX2 didnt catch up and on the last stage the RX2 poped an apex seal and was all over for them and they won class so yeh.

yer my dad has been asked on many occasions to build avenger race engines and every time he tells us we keep saying he should open a avenger race prep shop lol, hes been racing them for bout 25 years now. so you got questions i can probably get answers.

they won their class in the end, was a good targa the one just gone as they scrapped it out with a 13b RX2 the whole way and came out on top. they finished 51st but had the potential to finish high 20's they always have trouble with bits and peices like this time round the gearbox kept jamming as they kept braking syncro cones, they run a electric water pump and that broke and the 1800 got warm then the gas man didnt put enough gas in and they ran out in stage and had to get it out on 91 pump gas (the 1800 is fully tuned for av gas) and that was the end of the 1800 got a bit warm and poped a frost plug and they didnt want to do any more damage to it. so they had to finish targa on a standard 1600 avenger engine and just hope the RX2 didnt catch up and on the last stage the RX2 poped an apex seal and was all over for them and they won class so yeh.

yer my dad has been asked on many occasions to build avenger race engines and every time he tells us we keep saying he should open a avenger race prep shop lol, hes been racing them for bout 25 years now. so you got questions i can probably get answers.

wow,sadly i couldn't follow targa this year.so it's good to hear how they went. and i see your from hamilton too :wink:

cheers,i'l keep ya' in mind if questions arise.

you don't happen to own an avenger??....

wow,sadly i couldn't follow targa this year.so it's good to hear how they went. and i see your from hamilton too :wink:

cheers,i'l keep ya' in mind if questions arise.

you don't happen to own an avenger??....

yep from hamilton :) we have 1 avenger in our group of friends, i own a ke26 my self, i have seen a few avengers around hamilton but have not seen your wagon unfortunatly

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...