monroe vs kyb

Guest Scheme

w/o trying them myself but opinions from other people, especially race guys etc, kyb seem to be much better, apparently munroe used to be a good aftermarket shock, only average now and alright to run as an aftermarket standard shock, but nor as a performance one

of corse you wouldnt use monroes as performance shocks. ud have 2 b stupid 2 think that. bilstein r THE best... no questions askd. all the rally guys use them, but they r abbsolutely pointless 2 have on a road car. ud get sick off them being so stiff! (trust me they are stiff even tho used on gravel). apparently konis are known 2 wear incredibly fast making them a waist of money.... not sure about road use but im sure this would still apply.

of corse you wouldnt use monroes as performance shocks. ud have 2 b stupid 2 think that. bilstein r THE best... no questions askd. all the rally guys use them, but they r abbsolutely pointless 2 have on a road car. ud get sick off them being so stiff! (trust me they are stiff even tho used on gravel). apparently konis are known 2 wear incredibly fast making them a waist of money.... not sure about road use but im sure this would still apply.

load of bullshit, my car has been running bilsteins for 20 years, and theyre definatly not too hard, they are plenty of models of bilsteins, HD and sports are still fine to run on the road, the ones that you probably wouldnt want to run are PSS9 coilover, which i probably will, because i dont even care.

I do agree with them being the best though.

konis arent a waste of money, thats the biggest load of crap ive ever heard people rate them 2nd best to, or equal with bilstein

with what shock is actually better, its down to personal preference, with koni yellows being rigid adjustable and bilstein having a lifetime warranty, really is a tough choice

kybs are a decent aftermarket shock for what you pay for. Best bang for your buck etc, but if you want great stuff, then go for koni/bilstein.

meh, koni and bilstein = same quality, either brand has it's strentghs in various areas.

both are fully customoisable and rebuildable...

both are heavily used by OEM suppliers, whether badged as their respective brand, or as OEM (e.g. SAF air suspension often run konis stamped as SAF brand :wink: )

konis dont wear any faster than anything else, that's bullshit.

both are priced about the same

I was told by Fag & turbo that kyb aren't as good as monroe. But.. yeah thats Fag n turbo lol :rolleyes:

Haha probably more like, "we get more markup on monroes" :]

exactly, their supplier = autolighn, bilstein, eibach, munroe? etc

their direct competition = george stocks and co, kyb, koni, king spring etc