No Fire

Guest osolowesky

Guest osolowesky

Just got myself a rwd 1980 lancer and did a service oils and filters and shit, also put new points and dizzy cap on it put it all back together and now it wont fire, cranks over but doesnt fire!?!?!? What the fuk have i done or havnt done?? leads look good, plugs r good ??? HELP ME

Guest orange_mini

wrong replacement stuff?

loose wire?

you seem to buy a lot of cars. has the LTSA got a hold of you saying you can't sell any more and if you do you will have to get an LMVD number?

i always used to just gap them wide because (don't know if this is all 4G32's but mine did) the points always used to slip closed anyway (couple of months running). it'll run like this so worth it just to check and you can gap the points later if you care enough.

other things to check, gap on spark plugs (i've knocked them closed installing them before), leads in right order (your dizzy cap should have the numbers imprinted on it, if not ask on here and somebody can check), got fuel (might be some sort of airlock in the line from when you changed the fuel filter??)

best way to find if the problem is spark is remove spark plug, put back in lead, hold a cm or so from the block, crank engine and you should see a spark. try for all 4 leads then get back to us if you haven't got it sorted by then.

all i can think of right now, simple engines though, not much that can go wrong unless you've been messing with timing and shit.

cheers

Matt

make sure nothings damp, when i done the cambelt on my tina, i left the bonnet up over night, and all the moisture caused the electrical side of things to not work, i just got a heat gun out and heated everything so it was sure to be dry as lol.

best way to find if the problem is spark is remove spark plug, put back in lead, hold a cm or so from the block, crank engine and you should see a spark. try for all 4 leads then get back to us if you haven't got it sorted by then.

Has to touch block...doesn't it?

Oh and make sure you got your firing order right.