Exhaust gasket making

drftnmaz

yea i need to make a actual gasket.. i already tryed that goo and it blew straight out first rev i gave it :lol:

i have this expensive as sh!t at work specs are:

max temp 430C

max pressure 100bar (approx 1470psi)

max steam temp 250C

max inert liquard temp 440C

i think i might give it a go but damn its expensive :rolleyes:

I wouldn't use any sort of gasket goo or gasket maker on a turbo.. the shit will come off in bits and munch through the blades and fuck your turbo quickly.

Temp gets red hot, i've had mine glowing cherry red on many occasions. I just use single peice gaskets off the shelf.. make sure it's metal backed on both sides and you'll be sweet. The repco paper shit will blow out under high boost.

nah i'll just charge it to my staff acc!!!

i can't get a off-the shelf gasket for what i need! or i would have already done it. the flange i mainly need it for is the outlet of the turbo so no issues bout it hitting the turbine.

what temp is red hot tho? 300C ??? i wouldn't have a clue :rolleyes:

and on a side note anyone know where to get decent manifold gaskets for a 4k???? i had to get those sh!t paper ones from repco :x

yea dont go near anything bar one piece gaskets ive had more then enough turbos come through work that are completely farked the center housing and exhaust blades because of a piece deciding to leave the manifold etc......, is it for the turbo or the headers?