3t into a ke35 corolla

Guest vhpacer73

Guest vhpacer73

Would a k50 gearbox off a 4k bolt up to a 1800cc 3t from a corona?

I have heard when putting a 3t into a k series car it can hit some steering components. Is this true? Also if anyone has heard of this conversion being done,how fast would the car be?Or are there better options out there?[on a fairly limited budget!]

Thanks

well im looking at starting a similar prject except my engine is a 2t (exactly the smae different srtoke) , ive heard it goes stright in but with a few lil hiccups here and there (take a look at club-k there more then enough write ups there) , ice got the 2t and im replaceing the crank and pistons with the 3t ones (increases displacement to 2 ltrs) then im also charging it (super or turbo not sure yet) ...let us know how it goes man

when i last owned a 3t twin cam twin spark turbo motor i wasn't impressed with it at all, i used to run high boost and it never blew up tho, had good amount of torque but wasn't fast at all. could have been a tired motor or turbo :?: but it(3t) running 15psi my b6t mazda on 7psi would piss all over it.

it was in a carina coupe/liftback thingie. i donno how heavy they are but i can't imange them being that heavy, (we flipped it onto the roof when we stripped it and it wasn't hard)

so if i wanted a fast car i wouldn't bother unless u wanted to work the motor. but if u just want a bit more power than the 4k then go for it.

i'm unsure how well they fit into the k series eng considering the k sits on about 30 degree angle.

A guy I work with had his olds carina with a turboed 3T went hard. It was a rust bucket so he put the motor in a 84 starlet :shock: Was lose as he had to upgrade the diff fairly quick did'nt last long. He sold it uncerted a few years back now I think it got turned into a club car. And yeah it had a CT20 toyota turbo it had a reco before he scored it. The engine itself had done over 200,000ks.

• 2 weeks later...

think 1060kg for the TT142 Corona GT-T

a std 3tgte in a ke70 with pod and exhaust will pull a flat 15sec 1/4. not bad if you ask me! then add i/c, bov, tuning and boost!

as to the pushrod 3t.. i wouldnt be expecting much from a std one... do need a cam and few bits to get up going. check out http://www.toyota3tc.com for better info on these. plenty info on the forums!

the block and cranks are bulletproof. sub 10sec starlets in the states/peurto rico etc are proof!

what box was in the corona? the 3t will have either a T50 alloy split case box or the steel case W40 or W50 which are stronger. the t50 will go in easily. 20spline driveshaft from the ke35 will fit it too unless its an '83+ T50 which are 22 spline. w50 need mods to gearbox crossmember and mod driveshaft. will have to cut the tunnel rearwards a lil to clear the shifter unless its the real early t50. shouldnt have any steering clearance problems if mounted in correct spot.. 2t came factory in the te31, te37 and te38 in the states and japan. (could do a search). will need mods to engine mounts to fit it to the k series engine crossmember.

anything efi will cost heaps more for the conversion (4age 3tgte)

ask nvmy30 on club-k for opinion, i believe he drives round in a 3t powered ke30.

f1erce: putting 3t crank, rods and pistons in a 2t block is still only going to be a 3t (1770cc). (block are pretty much same thing). need to bore it up to 89mm and use oversize aftermarket pistons for 2ltr