Paint Jobs

L0WMK2

where in chch would people recommend or not recommend getting a paint job? a quaility paint job? good price? great range of paint etc? any brand of paint people recommend or dont recommend? is it better to do preparation work yourself? cheers

80 percent of a good paint job is in the prep any clown can blow on the top coat but its the prep underneath that makes it look 'BLING' whats the good of having shiny paint if ya can see all scratches and humps and hollows under it? find a shop that does hot rods and show cars and shit get them to do the whole job including the reassembly then youll get a top job BUT be prepared to pay big

Yeah, more work you can do, the better, money wise

However, the likeliness that you can do as good a job as professionals is slim to none, therefore, quality would suffer. Just tow it there minus all bits and pieces that can come off, like bumpers, trim etc, cos prep=worst job ever

Yeah id agree with that. I would also recomend taking the glass out. One thing i didnt do that i now wish i did. Means that if you want to replace seals at a later date the paint could chip of when removing old seals.

I prepped my car myself and got a cheap top coat by Facelift autos.. theres a different guy working there now tho.

It was $1000 job and looks $1000 too.. you get what you pay for but I just wanted something reasonable and had blown all my $$ on making it go fast..