suck-through turbo set-up

drftnmaz

if u do that then just compleletly bypass the mechanical one and like hook that up to the pcv valve that add horsepower belive it or not , im not sure wether id trust the mech pump to keep up with the fuel requirements of the turboed motor ... but i could be wrong

You can just use the factory fuel pump in most cases

as in the factory machanicial fuel pump? i was thinking about adding a 5psi electric pump as well?

no just use the factory mechanical pump, tell me more about your project ?

i have a few projects on the go aye :wink:

but this one in-particular is jst my daily driver, isuzu gemini with a g180 motor, jst gonna run a suck-through turbo to give me a little bit of pep to overtake etc...

but am also in the process of supercharging a lancia motor and that will b suck-through as well..

nethuing in particular u'd like to no?

on a side-note i dont spose ne1 has a good idea on how to make the exchast manifold with-out getting pro-file cut plates?

if u do that then just compleletly bypass the mechanical one and like hook that up to the pcv valve that add horsepower belive it or not , im not sure wether id trust the mech pump to keep up with the fuel requirements of the turboed motor ... but i could be wrong

so ur saying pump air out of the rocker cover?? to stop pressure building up?

bang on eski boi , just getsn rid of the pressure in the crankcase which might be takign up horsepower , and it makes ur motor just that bit more cleaner (i think) , i wouldnt trust the mechanical pump to supply fuel but then again if the carb bowl is big enough and ur not foot to the floor all the time i guess its fine

ur not foot to the floor all the time i guess its fine

i kinda have trouble with that aye /\

so i think i might hunt a new pump out, ne1 know of a good factory electric carbie pump? only one i can think of is the twin carb honda motors (but its a honda :cry: )

cheers for your help guys.

why not use a vl commodore pump - they're inline, and high pressure - cant see why you couldnt use it a a carby pump if you have a return line

alternatively - get anyhting from pick a part - off a turbo cordia or something to that effect..... either way - swing down to you rlocal wreckers, and get something that would suit, there'll be something!!!