suck-through turbo set-up

drftnmaz

yea i don't think a high pressure one would b the greatest idea aye, i'll have to look and see if i have a fuel return, i don't think i do????

yea pick-a-part will b the go wen i get to that stage i jst throught someone might have done this and tryed a few pumps.. :wink:

NOTHING WORSE THAN LEANING OUT ON BOOOST :?

Apparantly Geminis do have return lines, they just don't use them or something. I am having the same drama with my turbo setup. But there should be (apparantly) 3 lines, a feed, a fuel return and a vaopur return. At least that is what I have been told. This was from an Aussie tho, the Holden ones may have been different.

What year is your gemini?

I made all my gemini turbo stuff myself gas cut flanges and 32mm weld els. I was quoted $45-60 to get the flanges profile cut which is cheap next time I do anything like this thats what I'll do seen as its a bit neater than my gas cutting. :oops:

<a  href=turboside0dy.th.jpg' alt='turboside0dy.t

My TG 84 and TE 83 both have return and vapor lines and the TE has a standard elec fuel pump the head does'nt even have a hole for a mech pump. Makes for easy pump upgrade which I've done got a EFI pump out of a 85 Toyota Carina flows 120L per hour approx I use a holly regulator does the job nicely.

the 205 blocks have an oil drain built in.. otherwise you have to drill a hole in your sump and weld in a pipe. Make sure its close to the top, above the oil line.

I've got a modifed sump lying around if you are interested. But its a pretty simple thing to do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

never hear of em.. and if they do what I imagine they'd do from the name then they are still dangerous.

Think about it, you have compressed air + highly flamable liquid/gas together. You want to get that shit into your engine asap and by the shortest and safest route possible. Any sort of ridicilous re-ciculation bov sounds like a receipe for an explosion to me :?