2tg or 4ag in an old rolla

AE25

• 1 year later...

what happened with this dude?

im 2tg'in a ke26 also and was wondering how far of just bolting straight in they are? im gonna slap a t50 up to it but how do you get on with the standard diff? how much they good for?

i got more questions if any one knows their old skool corollas stuff.

I haven't done the swap myself, but in japan the "sport" Corollas all had a 2tg so they are actually made to be in there, cross member mods are probably the main thing you'll have to do.

Diff will be alright, depending on how nice you are to it.

A few guys have owned K series cars on this board, Callum especially will be able to tell you exactly what you will need to do.

yeh i didnt think it would be overly hard, thats good to know. yeh i plan to use the standard drive shaft so that will be good. hydro clutch will be a must anyways and how much modification do you think will be required on the diff i was hopin to use the standard one, other option is i have seen lsd's for the ke diffs.

the ke26 has been pulled off road for panel and paint and currently parked in da shed... wont be worked on for a while yet as just moved house and got things to sort out.

list of shit done currently

http://www.toycrazy.net/mark/ke26spec.htm

the plan:

parts sourced so far...

88222 version 2TG requires refresh (leaky gaskets).

ta22 type T50 gearbox with forward position shifter

ma45 6.7" disk brake diff.. to be shortened, snapped axles to be cut/weld with late type axle splines, rebuilt 3.7:1 ratio 6.7" head with st185 gt-four torsen lsd, te71 disks/calipers fitted, mod diff mounts to leaf etc with sway bar added

ae86 vented disk/caliper swap

yet to make/do: camber plates, rca's..

done:

ae85 struts, ae92 gt shocks, te28 steering arms, king springs, lowering blocks, semisealed headlights, 2" exhaust, ke25 sr woodgrain tacho dash + much more

ke26king-001sml.jpg