KZ440

moglix

Guest moglix

looks like i'm underway now.... just order new headlight. tail light, gaiters, indicators,.. and sold my tank, side covers and rear cowl thingy, so definately gotta get this thing going....

side note, took for a run to methven, fucking useless prick. muffler fell off, now leaking a bunch of oil.. last night was tourquing some bolts and one snapped in the barrel casing haha, anyway got it out. cylinder heads off waiting for new gasket... also there was a broken breather tube in the breather cover. would it be vital to replace?? i'm thinking yes but any thoughts welcomed...

• Like 1

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest moglix

so bike pretty much stripped, sold most shit off it didn't need, indicators, lights, guards etc... will pic an upload later... have bought all new bits, waiting for them to arrive..... am thinking of building with a tank, similar shape to this on 650..... thoughts?? I'll check it out first, see how it sits, fits etc with the lines of bike but i'm into it atm.... found a breather tube to in the middle of dick fuck nowhere so it is on it's way......

xs650-custom.jpg

• Like 2

Guest moglix

So tried the rd tank for size, wasn't gonna work without too much obvious tweeking.... borrowed a buddies 360 tank and will work easy, so looks like i've found one and will get here next week or so...

pics show rear chop, have delugged, made a mock up seat to work out curve and rear loop shape etc...and bought some new tyres...

P1010990Small.jpg

P1010991Small.jpg

P1010996Small.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

made a little more progress.... breather tube arrived so rocker cover etc back on, cleared away the controls as want that clean... gaiters on, mounted the new light, playing with speedo mount too.... tank arrived had it blasted, need to get it fitting to the frame right now.... managed to score some side covers which i'll use for now untilm i replace the carbs which i'll do if i can save a bit in the next month or so... get rid of them diaphram fucks and clear away that triangle... still gotta mount tyres, paint rims, make seat pan, get upholstered, make rear guard...

P1011000.jpg

P1010999.jpg

P1011001.jpg

• Like 3

So within a week or so should have that rear look welded up, seat pan, tank fitting properly, indicator mounts... Have a buddy thats fabing it up, will chuck pics up as soon as I get. was going to keep the tank raw/ plain but it's pretty haggered so will tidy up and paint, thinking a glossy or metal flake grey.. keep the bike all grey and black...

as for seat any thoughts on a way to upholster to alloy base?? Wrenchmonkees etc seem to be able to do it, the guy that made my last seat said it was impossible?? anyone got any advice etc? should i foam and them almost make like a jacket with a zip underneath etc? (if that makes sense)

Also anyone with electrical skills out there that wants to help for beer or money.... I'm going to need your help, changing the ignition and placement... and want to tidy up all the other shit too...

Tank colour like this

gt-1000-fuel-tank.jpg

or

l.jpg

Hey Anton! Lets have a beer this weekend and talk business! Im a very postive plus one on the Metal Flake! Will look so boss!

And ive got a mate that will sort your seat out no probs! He is a legend!

Will talk more over beer.

Hey bro, i made my seat pan out of steel.

It was bloody rough, (look in my build thread) so we put a layer of yoga mat over the whole thing to smooth it out, and put two layers where I sit. That is all in place with ados contact adhesive. Then the cover was sewn into the appropriate shape and then glued on with the same glue, wrapped over the edges by an inch or so and glued there too. My mrs dad did it, (he is an upholsterer) and my name was mud haha it was seriously hard for him to hold it in all the places it needed to be held but it came out sweet!