kp60nick

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Shocks mounted and work great in the range of travel. Had to do a bit of grinding to get the brackets to work so they didnt fowl the shock body. 20240201_215516.thumb.jpg.628ee2ba80fbf8ff1f2f83ecf8aec972.jpg

Next up is the air lift performance height sensors. I'm not having much luck with keeping it within the 120⁰ range. And in the manual it says move sensor closer to pivot point which means mounting on one of the arms but I cant see that working in my case as the arms are adjustable and need to spin? Or am going to have to make a tramp rod looking bracket that comes off the diff so I can mount a tiny little m5 bolt? Haha 20240201_215535.thumb.jpg.0ca2b49e52b75212b0f1cfd53c466f45.jpg20240201_215608.thumb.jpg.bfeb55d1f35891e591e27cb273da803a.jpg20240201_215555.thumb.jpg.b7f38f3921fec0e4112861809042d876.jpg

maybe a bracket that clamps to the arm that would need to be loosened if the arm was ever needed to be adjusted?

anyone had such experience? 

Thanks for looking 

Nick

whatever you do, make sure the bags can be inflated, with the wheels at full droop, without the sensor going to max travel

i think ive had 3 different cars break the arms off the first time they go on the hoist...

nice work on the truck!

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, cletus said:

whatever you do, make sure the bags can be inflated, with the wheels at full droop, without the sensor going to max travel

i think ive had 3 different cars break the arms off the first time they go on the hoist...

Whaaaaat? They set the sensors up so they won't make it to full droop??

1 minute ago, GARDRB said:

Whaaaaat? They set the sensors up so they won't make it to full droop??

I had one arm break like that, I guess full inflation squeezes a bit more travel out?

At that point I couldn't get a new one so made one out of a bit of Al. It's still there after a few years. Maybe I extended the drop link a bit so it wouldn't happen again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...