fuel's Lancer Evo IX GT-A wagon

fuel

The downpipe now fitted along with a 3" high flow cat and ditched the 2.75" flange at the beginning of the kakimoto cat-back exhaust so it's a true 3" mandrel bent system right the way through. Don't have pics of it fitted but here it is compared to the original when I was faffing around with it last week:

image.thumb.jpeg.45ffdd4c4b816c8cd694eaf7a5318a20.jpeg

• Like 5

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ralliart it is! Small wee problem that the carbon lip is in Auckland and the car is in Toronto.... so yeah that's going to be fun to get it half way around the world undamaged, and for something that wont break the bank.

In other news - snapped some 'zaust pics while I had the car jacked up to refit the crossmember braces and some under body belly pan clips.

IMG_1794.thumb.jpg.fa6f2a5899d86e59bbaf8f5df16b0b03.jpg

IMG_1792.thumb.jpg.47051e3147b606e7e5e7950d1562e2ae.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Because I'm a ricer at heart, I applied some stickers I bought that just turned up today:

IMG_1842.thumb.jpg.86079c29e58941ba06256e9d5a2705b4.jpg

IMG_1845.thumb.jpg.fcd5b51f1d50d9222417f1638481fafb.jpg

IMG_1844.thumb.jpg.9830ed525b09242a1675fee1479f2841.jpg

IMG_1843.thumb.jpg.85bf5d0f08b842de5f6f8b32f7361c50.jpg

I fucked up on the size of the 'spirit of competition' sticker thinking it was going to be much bigger, in order to cover the majority of the space on the right

• Like 8

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Camel said:

Looks like fun!

What suspension does it have in it and did you get that rear sway bar installed yet?

Just stock Bilsteins with Tein lowering springs, recently had to replace the front strut top mounts and the bump stops as they were wearing out and made it sit a good 10mm lower in the front than it needed to. I thought it was odd that the car the springs came out of didn't sit as low as mine in the front, didn't think the auto trans was that much heavier. And yep the superpro rear bar went in earlier in the year ahead of my trip to tail of the dragon - I have it on the softest setting right now but even at its softest it should be more stiffer than the stock rear sway bar.

1 hour ago, sheepers said:

who's this camel guy? ^^^^

haha right??

6 hours ago, sheepers said:

who's this camel guy? ^^^^

Never heard of her

4 hours ago, fuel said:

Just stock Bilsteins with Tein lowering springs, recently had to replace the front strut top mounts and the bump stops as they were wearing out and made it sit a good 10mm lower in the front than it needed to. I thought it was odd that the car the springs came out of didn't sit as low as mine in the front, didn't think the auto trans was that much heavier. And yep the superpro rear bar went in earlier in the year ahead of my trip to tail of the dragon - I have it on the softest setting right now but even at its softest it should be more stiffer than the stock rear sway bar.

Reckon the bilies are up for it or time for some coilovers/springs in the boot?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fuel said:

haha right??

The OEM bilsteins are pretty good for a street driven car, and even one undertaking motorsport duties, a mid-range coil over set-up would be a downgrade..

• Like 1

Yeah think I'm just going to keep the Bilstein/Tein combo for the time being - I wouldn't mind finding different springs to bring the front up a touch more, or will see how the front sits once the lighter manual trans is swapped in. After swapping in the new strut tops and bumpstops I flipped the camber adjustment bolt (can go one of two ways) - I had it set to max negative camber when I initially put in the springs and in hindsight I probably didn't need to as lowering the car had the same effect of dialing in negative camber anyway. With the bolt flipped back to how it was originally, I still have about -1.5deg in the front which is plenty enough and the bonus is the front tyres don't rub on the inner guards any more. 

6 hours ago, fuel said:

Yeah think I'm just going to keep the Bilstein/Tein combo for the time being - I wouldn't mind finding different springs to bring the front up a touch more, or will see how the front sits once the lighter manual trans is swapped in. After swapping in the new strut tops and bumpstops I flipped the camber adjustment bolt (can go one of two ways) - I had it set to max negative camber when I initially put in the springs and in hindsight I probably didn't need to as lowering the car had the same effect of dialing in negative camber anyway. With the bolt flipped back to how it was originally, I still have about -1.5deg in the front which is plenty enough and the bonus is the front tyres don't rub on the inner guards any more. 

Noice.

front swaybar upgrade when you're doing the manual swap too?

• Like 1

tempting! the front subframe has to be dropped down to do the job though which is a pain - incidentally whiteline USA have black friday deals on now and can get a 26mm front bar shipped for just over $300CAD assuming I don't get stung for import duties on arrival - the rear bar managed to sneak in without being dinged. But most Evo guys seem to get good control of roll by stiffer springs and roll center correcting ball joints etc