Jump to content

Jesse's 1988 Toyota Liteace KM36


Jeffs_Emporium
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, dspec_tt131 said:

Speedo out by 10% so need to see if I can get a cog with extra teeth for the speedo drive or increase rear tyre size by 10% (5% to get within the threshold)

how are they checking this? with the odometer or just where the pointer is pointing?

perhaps repositioning the needle 5kmh out at zero will be within 5% at 100kmh say (odo will still be out) and say 50kmh will be out by less i think(was suggested to Me once with gearbox conversion in a falcon)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty upsetting to find in my driveway this afternoon. 

Must have happened last night as it was normal when i used it yesterday 

20220515_111417.thumb.jpg.6fe0c6601451dcfb017dce05487005a0.jpg20220515_111409.thumb.jpg.b9d8f26a1bfe7c4438a38e90fe69b321.jpg

Bloody lucky they didn't get in as I had more stuff than usual in there. Given me a bit of a wakeup call to keep shit hidden ( I'm usually a lot more careful) 

I'm guessing something spooked them as there was about 15k worth of building equipment sitting there. 

They didn't even damage the lock enough for it not to work :blackeye:

Tools have been put away like they should have and looks like the van is narrow enough to tuck inside the gates with some creativity. 

  • Sad 29
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Needed to do some prep for manfield.

Somehow I've misplaced the original overflow tank so I sized up the one from my mark II. I have a few cressida ones which are a bit different but couldn't locate the matching bracket. 

The mark II one fitted using existing captive nut on the top and adding a longer bolt to the mud flap and a nut on the other side. This also moves it to a location I'm more likely to regularly check as it was next to the battery which is a pain in the ass to get to. 20220522_110313.thumb.jpg.9b687a1c87370d42d25f1c78cb4b092f.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Dropped the ts-x22 off at axent audio in New lynn to be repaired. Not sure when I'll see them again. 

The speedometer driven gear showed up today which was actually 23/5 not 21/5 as previously posted.20220609_152835.thumb.jpg.0a28699dbd9c949bc30a0cb611785661.jpg

photo angle shows them as different size but they arent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

However the shaft length on the 23/5 is 25mm longer. 20220609_152853.thumb.jpg.f3fe9407a1f2aa166210a94cb89551db.jpg

I was about to go wild on the grinder trimming in and cutting new slot for cable to fit into when I vaguely remembered you can somehow change the head. Used a hammer and punch in vice on the 19/5 gear and it popped out revealing a knurled end on shaft to hold gear. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Axent Audio in New Lynn repaired the square woofer foam on the pair of Pioneer ts-x22 for $135 including gst. 

20220702_142835.thumb.jpg.ea2487928663fb2483c4339a1d904fa2.jpg

I installed them last weekend with a single bolt through the engine cover and another through the battery cover to hold them in place. They sound good but not as good as I remember the ts-x10 sounded for some reason. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of my mates was picking something up from a wreckers in Takanini and spotted a high roof km36 van. Sadly the boot handle was also wrecked but I did score a pair of front stainless monsoons 20220712_142848.thumb.jpg.f1dade41618d0a1f3de96fe9a8032872.jpg

Pulled the rubber edging off and gave them an autosol

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

This thing has always had a bit of a water leak most likely from the shit junction on top hose where there are 4 joints in 200mm (engine-filler cap-radiator) all on a bit of an angle and just average. Took it in to my radiator guy and he said to make a cardboard model of how I would like a filler neck added to passenger side 20220802_133556.thumb.jpg.4a383a1118234f8cc9298f4c36dd232d.jpg

The existing setup meant I had to remove drivers seat and 10 or so bolts for the engine cover. Moving it to passenger side means 3 buckles and I can check/fill water. Tempted to move dipstick over there also....

Dropped it off this afternoon with my cut up glad wrap roll. Hopefully back up and running for the weekend 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...