Jeffs_Emporium

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Purchased a new release bearing and installed yesterday. Pretty easy job with space for a ratchet behind all the bellhousing bolts. Having a look at my Gearbox rubber mounts they really need replacement. Screenshot_20220320-124849_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2cf9b8b32765db909680a74f7eba53cc.jpg

They are the items highlighted green which are no longer available new (genuine). 

Might use this opportunity to use something taller to lift Gearbox, there's about 20-30mm clearance above it currently. This would also help with the driveshaft angle since the diff is a good 4" closer to the body than stock. I'm guessing going to a taller rubber I'll have to weld and re-drill new holes, maybe even put a plate on crossmember so I can get the pin on the mounts in the sweet spot. 

• Like 5

Searched the kelpro catalogue and these bottom two nissan ones look pretty good. Screenshot_20220320-165325_Drive.thumb.jpg.ebe670398e8460b1e189eba098c60d2c.jpg

Except the dimensions shown vs the written measurement seems to have been mixed up. One looks like it's from b110 engine mount. A quick check shows a12 is 97kg and g52 is 35kg so they should be up to the task? 

Rock auto has a pair $35 delivered but they won't arrive until April 4th so if anyone reading has a used pair kicking around to confirm that would be handy then I can order new also. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...