Holden/Ford 2 Piece CV Driveshafts which models?

Hyperblade

I have to get a custom driveshaft made for the new engine/gearbox combo that's going in my starlet.

I need to go from a S2000 Gearbox to a AE86 Diff. But the max RPM on the shaft will be fairly high at 9500 rpm.

So I've been advised by a few people to go to 2 piece, however unfortunately the S2000 gearbox has a flange at the rear which makes things a bit harder than normal.

Ideally I want the joints able to be rebuilt if required, and as light as possible.

Ideally i want to run CV's (due to the speed) and 2 piece, and I've been told both Holden and Ford ran a form of these driveshafts in some of their cars.

But what models? 

I've seen mention of Crewcab.

Does anyone know other common models worth looking into?

The challenge:

S2000 Gearbox Flange

image.png.d90c29a38ffe7da2149dd56d3ddbf151.png

AE86 Rear Pinion Flange

image.png.3df1f2092ff07db73e15327bcd9e9e86.png

On 10/05/2020 at 19:36, cletus said:

I had a BA XR8 ute, it had a live axle, and a 2 piece shaft and the center and rear was CV, cant remember what was at the gearbox end

Thanks!

On 11/05/2020 at 11:05, vk327 said:

vk thru vt 86 thru 2000 commodores all have center cv joints v6 and v8 are all the same cv joint, 21r series u joints at the ends

Thanks! Interesting they have CV and u joints, I thought U joints had to be at the same angles as they aren't constant velocity. I don't quite get how that works, unless they have the rear diff on an angle upwards?