mk2marty

Mk2Marty's GN250 of lameness and brap

So I did a silly thing the other day and bought a motorcycle. I am a complete newbie to the world of bikes, so this is all a bit of a learning curve. 

It's a 1985 model (Japanese assembled)  Suzuki GN250, with flat handlebars and not much of an exhaust. It has got spoked wheels and a retro looking striped tank though.

I'll probably end up finishing off the cafe racer mods the previous owner started. Yeah, I know, how original... 

Any tips/tricks/advice/sharns are greatly appreciated, and if there is any possible way to hot up a GN motor let me know! Still amazed at the quantity of stuff on Aliexpress available for these, some of which is already on it's way here from China 

IMG_20171119_125429_149.jpg

IMG_20171120_213728_085.jpg

IMG_20171120_213735_099.jpg

• Like 1

You'll get some stick for having a GN.. But I think they are a great bike to start with. Very simple and not enough power to get yourself into too much trouble... Japanese made too!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kyteler said:

That DX Mail isn't going to deliver itself!

DX mail use 125’s I’ll have you know. The 250 is reserved for mighty warriors only. 

@mk2marty there is a 300cc kit for these from aliexpress with varying degrees of success. These bikes are huge in South America, I’m in a Facebook group with GN250’s only. A few people have done it, seems some don’t upjet it, run it lean and sieze it. Where as some install them and have no issues, I imagine they tune the kit properly etc etc. 

Check this group out and keep us posted on the skids! 

SUZUKI GN250 CLUB page.

SUV3WUN.png

Kg1v49f.png

xqAfoDS.png

I1ffCyQ.png

Never saw an update from that last dude. Seems to be hit and miss with the kit. I say do it!

• Like 2

I’d just ride it as it is tbh and then move on to a more powerful bike down the track when you have more skill and confidence (and money).

• Like 1

X2 I'm. All for polishing turds but it's not worth going through that effort. Just ride it then get a bigger/cooler/better bike later 

• Like 3

I had thought of doing the big bore kit on my 88 gn250 but found most of them specify that they're for 90's and up models so decided not to. And had the same though as Chris R, just make it how you want it and upgrade to a more powerfull bike later.