chasinthemirages '88 VL Royale

chasinthemirage

1 minute ago, bigfoot said:

Sounds like a leaky/stuck injector. Also what fuel pump are you running? @Shakotom had an extreme richness issue on his rb30 from too big of a pump

Don’t bring me into this hahahah

mines still in the shed 1.5 years later.

have done zero looking into my issues

just assuming and buying parts I haven’t fitted

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

/mine ran perfectly fine for about 2000km after fitting the walbro 255 and new stock intank pump to it

Then it started not wanting to idle and not wanting to run at anything other than WOT and I just put it in storage / assumed it’s a fuel issue and forgot about the car since.

shit better go check rego expemption. Thanks for reminding

• 4 weeks later...

So I no longer own this car, I told quite a few people at Hanmeet but in the interests of tidying up this thread I'll post it here too. 

KxHpsgC.jpg

When I bought it I'd agreed to give the previous owner first option if I decided to sell up. I messaged him on facebook and and few days later he'd driven up from Timaru and away it went. It's the ideal outcome as far as I'm concerned, I've got some cash and one less thing to worry about and the car will be looked after by a genuine foamer who also happens to have the sister car to this Royale (identical spec and trim and one after another off the production line).

WTymwyI.jpg

I have no idea what's next for me, maybe a Hilux, maybe some tickets back to Europe but it feels good to have got this car buttoned up and out of my hair. My sincerest apologies for no dose video. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 5