RB30E+T fuel pressure

chasinthemirage

Hey guys, I've just purchased a car running an rb30e+t. It has a rising rate fuel pressure regulator but while checking it over yesterday I noticed the adjuster nut and stud was just finger tight. Fuel pressure at idle is sitting at just under 70psi which seems way to high? Does anyone know what sort of pressure it should be running at idle, I haven't had a plus t before so not too sure how this may affect the fuel pressure. Wondering if I should drop the pressure or will that create other issues? Also I don't have a wideband at this stage but am assuming its running quite rich as it is very thirsty and smells quite fuely. Any help would be great. Cheers

At least put a wide band on it or get it on a dyno, otherwise you are just guessing and risk blowing it up. Someone may have cranked up the fuel pressure as a band aid fix

Thats exactly what's worrying me. It's my only transport currently so just wanting to make sure I'm not going to blow it up if I lower the fuel pressure. Might leave it how it is until I can get a wideband

43psi with no hose is the standard setting, last person probably wound it up to stop it from going bang being +T, unless they have chipped and remapped/tuned it... good injectors have no problem running upto ~90psi but alot of pumps can't keep up at higher pressures, (especially older walbro's etc)

would pay to use wideband to see what fueling it like before too much adjusting, but if it's running on n/a computer without chip+remap then timing will also be wrong and slowly wearing out the engine

It seems to run okay once it's warmed up with the high fuel pressure but it chews through the fuel even when I baby it. It's got VL turbo injectors and a VL turbo ecu but I don't really know all the ins and outs as I've never played around with a turbo engine before. Yeah I'm pretty iffy on the fuel reg, just have to save some coin once I'm working again and get it tuned properly. Any recommendations for tuners in or around Christchurch?