Wanted: Dashboard restoration in Auckland

Hello,

I'm asking on behalf for my friend. He has a 1967 Ford Galaxie which is currently being panelbeated and painted.

The front and rear screens have been removed so access to the dashtop is very easy. He figured he may as well repair the dash while it's easy to remove and install.

The car currently looks like this:

14980686_10153909125362201_4348057416112

'Dashboard Retorations' is a name that is thrown about but he was more after a job that was tidy enough. Not concourse like their jobs with an eyewatering bill to match.

Something like a cover would be ideal. It's vinyl that has cracked the top veneer in a few places but the structure is very good.

I can provide more pictures as they come to me.

Cheers,

+1 for dashboard restorations

Did my one in the piazza that a upholstery shop at the time in onehunga didnt want to touch due to the shape 

Also not surprised that they are busy due to them making dashes for R/H hook conversions. 

He should just pull it out and take it down there for a quote.

Also just as a note these guys don't just bog and slap some paint on your dash or do a quick recover

All their dashes are coated with a paint that is imported from the US that is $200 a litre from what he told me

and it also involves them being placed in a oven for proper paint cure

plus the use of a vacum of some sort to pervent air bubbles stuck in the dash.

so there is a reason they are not cheap  

they use quality procducts and do top notch work.

• Like 1

+1 for dashboard restorations

Did my one in the piazza that a upholstery shop at the time in onehunga didnt want to touch due to the shape 

Also not surprised that they are busy due to them making dashes for R/H hook conversions. 

He should just pull it out and take it down there for a quote.

Also just as a note these guys don't just bog and slap some paint on your dash or do a quick recover

All their dashes are coated with a paint that is imported from the US that is $200 a litre from what he told me

and it also involves them being placed in a oven for proper paint cure

plus the use of a vacum of some sort to pervent air bubbles stuck in the dash.

so there is a reason they are not cheap  

they use quality procducts and do top notch work.

I know, I've worked for Dashboard restorations in the past repairing one of their vacuum sealer machines.

But I agree, their work is top quality.

For the time and effort and cost is it worth looking into just replacing? http://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_mercury_passenger/catalogsearch/result/index/?cat=2355

(Sometimes repop fitments can be shite)

Cheers, he's had a look on there in the past and it seems like he may need to consider them again.

Will remind him if he's still keen to get it done.