Anton F's Datsun 1200 with IRS

danger

Thanks guys, yea it's somthing different ae she'll be running and driving this year I'm hoping will stick some pictures up of underneath tonight , it's sitting abit low at the moment I'm going to raise it about 20mm just for clearances on the back ... But that's still dragging lol

so hear we are boys.... this is what it looks from the top, also have a compartment for my battery and any other gear etc i carry... will be fully sealed and is lockable.

u0j3j4qu.dv5.jpg

underneath its abit of a mission iv shortened the xmember by 120mm either side re strengthened it and tig welded it all back up and going to tig the seams. also i shortened the wheel base by and inch so its all the original wheelbase now... so its pretty good and fit-mint is perfect... iv found some adjustable plates for the camber and toe angles so it will be fully adjustable.   

1ivihsuo.gn3.jpg
  • Like 3

+2 for irs pis.

I have some replica hr30/910 out companion flanges if you were eyeing up a cv axle conversion

and yea runamuck what do they look like i have been looking at getting some made from overseas in the usa cost like bloody 1400 buks tho.  

i want something like this 

lvljqa3o.lps.jpg

My flanges are copies of HR30/910 ones.

They replace the outer UJ mating flanges at the hub end. 

If you swap in an R180, or R200, then you can easily get a CV flange inner end/input. 

Then you'll only have to get a "skid family" nissan halfshaft shortened, and repllined. 

oh yea interesting thats a good idea so it will be a stronger change to go to them?  cause from what iv heard the 510 halfshalfts are a little weak depending on how hard ur pushing it to i guess.  i defiantly will be giving it a hard time haha

this is why i didnt go with a s14 rear subframe the top arm will hit part of the chassis which will involve a whole lot more chassis modifications to c notch it higher so i can get it lower... or making different arms which still in theory wont get u that much more play. 

i mean thats not to bad its the maddat ute ....its on bigger rims and not as low as mine but gives a good indication of what will clash with the original body 

asdf1nbv.0to.jpg