Jsnapsnz's 1985 AE86 Levin

jsnapsnz

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Alex want the rear quarter cut from a C210 sedan? :P

Hah! What a noob, fully thought it was C10 sedan :-D there was a beautiful restored C210 at Classic Car Nagoya - need to bloody figure out posting pics out of the build blog.... Man what a place!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hah! Thanks for finding me Sam, cheers for the appreciation!! I am hanging out to fit my 8j Equips which I'm still painting at the mo then need to lip my rear guards. It was damn good to bump into you and I'm sure we'll catch up in future :-D

• 1 month later...

Looking boss as man. My starter motor is starting to fail too. Takes about 5 kicks before the solenoid kicks in

Also, what style bumper have you got on the front there? Just the type I'm after for mine too. 

• Like 1

Looking boss as man. My starter motor is starting to fail too. Takes about 5 kicks before the solenoid kicks in

Also, what style bumper have you got on the front there? Just the type I'm after for mine too. 

Thanks bro, currently running Vertex (knock off I'm sure, the one with the cable tie stitching) but I prefer my Goodline bumper - it matches the rest of the aero but also looks more like the OEM bumper front lip just bigger. :D Loving your pics by Nero Photography too, looking mighty fine!

I need to post a pic of my starter mod...

See your going to chrome expressions, minttttt see you there.

So will you be driving Maisy? I couldn't believe it when I found out my wife's Austin 1300 was 4x114 stud pattern!! I certainly tried on some of my AE86 wheels with similar huge poke to your pics. Worth mucking about with flares I reckon but she didn't want it looking "gangster" - too bad... Sold now after rebuilding the steering rack and brakes.

• 2 months later...

If you ever want to part with the Zed Compes let me know! I found a pair earlier in the year but a full set would be nice to rebuild

Wow those are in great condition!! Love the Zed Compe stickers on the lips... There's quite a bit of history making me want to hang onto them but you can always make me an offer :wink: I would consider a swap perhaps! I don't think I could afford to buy yours...?

Yeah they're in pretty good shape, I bought them from a big shop in Chiba that has tens of thousands of wheels that have been sitting for decades. Once I put a nice pair together (it is very badly organised there) I had to take them home with me, they were dirt cheap but I wouldn't want to sell because they have some very good memories with them!

13256799_499021796968695_2043937825_n.jp

• Like 1

Yeah they're in pretty good shape, I bought them from a big shop in Chiba that has tens of thousands of wheels that have been sitting for decades. Once I put a nice pair together (it is very badly organised there) I had to take them home with me, they were dirt cheap but I wouldn't want to sell because they have some very good memories with them!

Fair enough!! My acquisition story is nothing compared to bringing back from Japan :wink: I could be keen to swap... Let me know!