Toyota Celica xx head gasket

Bustah

Hey everyone. Picked up a Toyota Celica xx project, to our annoyance we found out the gasket was blown. From what suppliers are saying they do not make any gaskets or rebuild kits for these engines anymore. Hoping to find a Toyota nut that could clarify a few things.

It is running the m-eu 2l i6 engine, I've seen one online thread saying that the 2m 2.3l head gaskets fit the m-eu engine. Could anyone clarify this or steer us in the right direction for a head gasket? If not will look at getting one custom made. Cheers

If you look up the Toyota part number and do a reverse search the part number only suits M-EU engines: 11115-41040

Time for a 5 or 6MGE :)

The 2M one is 11115-41012

That's a direct supersession so likely will be ok if you found one. I don't know if that's going to make it any easier. I've found pics of the gasket and they have oddly shaped combustion chamber holes vs. the 4M gasket.

25kjxmo.png

• Like 2

Nice! Out of curiosity what did it sell for and in what condition? As I've never seen/come across them before.

Also what springs did you use to lower it?

Bugger all information on them around, model I have is ma55 (one with irs).

Bugger all! I think I bought it about $1200. Sold for the same. I was 19 I think so cutties, cut king springs haha.

On bumps no fucks given. It had been privately imported for a guys mum who wanted a red celica (thinking of ra28/ta22) and he turned up with that. Poor woman mustve been disappointed.

It was stolen and recovered in the early 90s so body stamp was missing but silver plate was still there.

Ugly duckling but I can appreciate as long as it doesn't have maroon interior.

Haha makita one ways!

Looking to do a nice job on this one so need to research what fits etc (bugger all info out there!). The ma55 is the bastard Frankenstein they tried ideas on.

My minis slammed on bumb stops, horrible for the roads but sticks like glue though!

They're not the most slick cars, but I think would look cool boned out on some period correct wheels. Some person would buy it if it's done nicely. Personally they look like an old rover lol!