Dave's drag challenge trailer

Muncie

Because this thing has lived under cover since 2012 the vinyl just came off intact in whole sheets.

It has some scabs for sure but it's not terrible I've fixed worse..... I've also left worse alone too it is just a trailer.

Started ripping the bulkhead out the box section is rusted away completely so 90% was done with a dust pan and brush, big stainless box to deal with next.

IMG_20221106_140412_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

IMG_20221106_140405_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Laid into this thing today ripping through the bulkhead of the old fire box thanks to the rust it went really smoothly not much of a fight was put up 2/3 out before I ran out of discs.

Next plan is to rip it down to the floor ive decided to to leave the stainless sides in as they add some structure to the walls then reverse hinge the rear door so it doubles as a ramp.

IMG_20221113_165049_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally got stuck in and got last of bulkhead out. Got it registered too its maiden voyage was to the tip loaded with the bits I cut out and every scrap of shit around my property 1300kg worth gone for $55.

Now needs a thorough scrub out but is ready to be loaded up with stuff and used.

It's a bit nose heavy so I think I'll end up lengthening it by 30cm to help with balance and been able to get more shit in in.

IMG_20221229_095045_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

IMG_20221229_095056_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

• Like 2

Did a 100+ ks today to pick up my gn125 my son has claimed as his so we could fit some new parts to it and give it a service.

Thought I'd better check the wheel bearings they were mint but one of the tyres was absolutely dry rotted on the inside and started to deform, threw the mint spare on.

Tows awesome with the 80kg of shit gone from the back and weirdly doesn't fuck my cars fuel economy as bad as my old trailer that weighed 1/3 of what this does.

20221230_131420.jpg