Mitch's street lurkn' s14

Mitch.W

so about a year ago i decided i wanted to do silly things in cars, so i sold my daily and brought this s14 and decided to make a nice daily that i can take to tracks and have a good time in too.

After serching for awhile and decided silvias prices are stupid this popped up reasonably cheap so i snapped it up. it was from whanguani so nothing was good it on, the interior was half apart and most of it missing. 

this is what it looked like when i picked it up, stock apart from cut/lowering springs and a loud exhaust

10691686_696864247072289_2091165954_n_zp

I brought some cheap fucked adjustible suspension and put it in along with some Renoma Paris that i had been hoarding and it looks not bad.

10853022_357468661093811_1023351943_n_zp

I spent up and brought some bc golds and Parts shop max adjustable arms and other stuff and slammed it in

10948752_1530257170597079_158958702_n_zp

• Like 1

Then i went and got me a cert and all that legal jazz 

Then went and brought a factory aero kit that cost me far too much

11024104_403698733144454_267175787_n_zps

At this point it was still my daily and only car, 

I went and did a drift day on the back track at manfield and had problems from the get go, 2nd corner i went to drift the car cut out... I had driven to the track in the morning fine so i had no clue, turns out my fuel pump had decided to die, quick trip to the local Repco had me a new one the the hassle of putting of these in the cae was super annoying since the last owner somehow cut stuff up/removed stuff i needed to mount the pump in the tank with. Long story short i spent half the day mucking around making this new fuel pump work and all that boring shit. was still good learning though.

• Like 4

At about this point i decided to stop dailying it and buy a sensible daily/to car to tow this thing to tracks. 

This ment things couls start to get more wild on this car!

Got all that stuff on and the car started looking nice for once!

11356365_617850885021595_1432067103_n_zp

Packed the rig up and headed to taupo for the weekend, but not without any drama. 

Went up a night early so nothing was rushed, went to pull the car off the trailer at the motel to do a little bit of work and the battery was flat, after going to buy a new battery and putting it in it still wouldn't start. i diagnosed it down to the fuel pump wiring.. again why does this alway happen right at/before track days. Turns out somwhere in the loom the power wire has broken.

after some asking around we got some local taupo boys around and they helped us wire up direct power straight to one of the tail lights, so when i turn my park lights on my fuel pump turns on. It held out for the entire day without blowing any fuses which surprised me!

Apart from putting brand new brake pads in and still having no handbrake it was a lush day.

At about 3pm i got loose with some manjis and tapped the pit wall with my front right wheel bending my steering rack and tie rod which put me out for the rest of the day. miraculously  no pannel damage at all which i was super stoked about as it was quite a bit hit.

Heres some footage from that day.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...