Toy-motas new wagon of slow BJ61 cruiser

toy-mota

so over this long weekend i had been busy fixing things.First was to fit a new headunit.Also went to give the rad and front/rear heaters a flush as they didnt work and found the steel pipes that go to the rear heater had been blocked up with oil from a previous blown head gasket,so after ages of trying to rod and flush out the gunk i ended up cutting where it was blocked and just replaced with a rubber joiner.fixed the rust hole and removed someones attempt at making a spare wheel holder.

rust hole in rear guard

IMG_7772_zps1rfebzdc.jpg

caused by this broken badge letting water in and sit

IMG_7786_zpsklsplyar.jpg

fold up spare wheel holder that i removed,it limited tyre and rim size

IMG_7783_zps6wztv93d.jpg

so i recon'd a factory 60 series chain one,now works a treat.wonder why it wasnt used in the first place

IMG_7784_zpsel2xg14o.jpg

rear chassis frame rust that will need addressing at some stage,the inside channel and spring hanger are riveted on

IMG_7779_zpsgmrx41wa.jpg

also rear bumper getting some bad rust in it

IMG_7785_zpsh4lixktl.jpg

also pics of the Mitsubishi in cab air cleaner,anyone seen these before?

IMG_7795_zps3zaj4frj.jpg

IMG_7796_zpszuoeup2n.jpg

• 3 months later...

the crusier has been ticking along great.although i lose charge out of my new batteries,i may get one of them exchanged as it never fully charges on the bench either.Changed the wheels/rims to r15 black 4x4 rims with 31x10.5  kumhos,handles alot better.also buying a house so a trailer will be in order to drag behind the truck.

IMG_8154_zpsz9uimytn.jpg

YN57 hilux single cab deck with the crowns old widened steelies

20150920_123837_zpss2cdv1bs.jpg

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Sadly i just recently sold this truck,due to it needing alot of time spent on keeping it going and getting me to work each week.Which took time out of my other projects.With a kid on the way an upgrade was in order.It needed to be low maintence,low kms,safe,abit of grunt and Toyota.So i traded in the old girl for a 2005 Mark X.3 litre v6 ,6speed tiprontic.Full of bells and whistles and not to bad on the gas or eye.

IMG_8724.1_zps1xbghcwc.jpg

IMG_8845_zpsogt72kfa.jpg

IMG_8852_zpsi5pb2fuf.jpg

IMG_8847_zpsjyb4jbno.jpg