Making a rb intake

Marty

Hey guys I need help I'm looking at making my own Ffp for my 30det build my question is what is the piping do you use between the intake and head that is fleared at the top and is welded to your standard flange ?

In that case- I won't rip shit out of you for trying haha.

You could try find someone to press the runners to shape out of tube? Your main problem will be finding trumpets of the right length and tube diameter etc..heaps of variables for you to figure out.

Why not use the factory plenum base and just weld a new top on?

• Like 1

While I applaud anyone creating intakes I do wonder why not just buy one?
There are SO FEKKING MANY out there it's ridiculously cheap to buy one.

So have a look......... then build one anyway ;)

What setup will you be running?

Plenum design I feel is the most important part if running a turbo, runner length less so. (from what I gathered when laying out my NA intake).

There is some maths you should apply with how it tapers and volume and such.

There was a guy who linked me trumpets that were 50mm with a 3mm tapper and they are 95mm long I was going to steal the disign off a guy on trade me hp wanted 700 for his the runners are 200 and that was the plan put the platform off my standard intake add the runners and pledum and hope it works

runners i made for stu's 4agte manifold.  used some heavy wall 50mm aluminum pipe, bored it out to size in lathe with a 1.5 degree taper, to improve velocity.  will still need to sort a bellmouth. to weld onto the end, or machine into plenum base plate 

• Like 2

Here's a couple of pics of my intake adaptors, manifolds and velocity stacks,

the velocity stacks, ram tubes, trumpets are 50mm diameter, 3mm taper over the 95mm length,  full 180' bellmouth

I dropped the price on them last week purely due to the quantity I had machined, saving about $5 each

also pictured are a couple of JZ intakes, I also do these  for M series, RB's 4AGE's etc

B1E9B62D-AF13-42DA-B993-73661133890A.jpg

trumpets.jpg

velocity%20stack.jpg

2jz.jpg

1jz.jpg

• Like 2

How much do you sell them for there was a guy that was going to sell me 6 for 200 but right now it's a bit much as I yet to pay the engine builder and saving for that as I told him I don't care what it cost get it done and he hasn't given me a final price but if you could give me a good deal I could free up a little money

How much do you sell them for there was a guy that was going to sell me 6 for 200 but right now it's a bit much as I yet to pay the engine builder and saving for that as I told him I don't care what it cost get it done and he hasn't given me a final price but if you could give me a good deal I could free up a little money

That was me,  they use to be $240 for 6

• Like 1