EA Coon Iding high - Diagnosis help

The Bronze

My new daily EA Falcon (3.9 Singlepoint) idles high intermittently.

The idle speed motor seems to be slow in returning to normal, so I'll put my foot down and it will hold a high idle - i can cruise at 60/70 on idle at times with my foot off the gas for a fair distance. 

I have done a reboot according to google research which turned up this - http://www.fordaustraliaforums.com/forum/showthread.php?17177-EA-idle-speed-and-timing-adjustment

to no avail. I have a haynes on it's way in the mail, but in the meanwhile I'm thinking next steps is replace the idle motor but open to other suggestions on diagnosing fault. 

Nothing wrong with EA coon throttle body injection when it's working right Ogre. I've got two with over 450,000 ks on them and both were running sweet last time they ran. My current daily is another EA with the 3.9 Multipoint which is fine too but it does idle a bit high and rough sometimes. Maybe it needs a new manifold gasket as dr.wylde suggests above. I'm not keen to fuck around with it in case I make it worse. I've got a Haynes manual but I haven't found it to be as helpful as those for the older cars. It tends to say things along the lines of "there are no user serviceable parts in here, this is beyond the scope of this manual, so consult your local Ford dealer".

Have you tryed a re learn on the tps. Hand brake on warm engine turn engine off.

Push foot flat to the floor turn ignition on (dont start) hold for 60 sec.

Release pedal and dont touch.

Start engine put in drive and idle for 60 seconds.

Turn off engine while still in gear place in park and restart engine.

• Like 1