Tweeter placement behind headlining.

The Bronze

I have my headlining loose at the moment, and am thinking about putting my tweeters behind it given the ample room and my desire for a discrete install.

Headlining material is a thin vinyl sorta thing. Placement could point them pretty much straight at my head. Corresponding cones will eventually be in the bottom of the door.

Or should i just stop trying to be a clever dick and just tuck them in a dash corner - it's a big car, and they're not too intrusive.

Have seen (and will replicate at some point) vinyl covered vintage speaker boxes. The speaker is recessed inside so the vinyl sits flush over the front of tge box. Though i recall there were several holes punched (maybe for looks)

The actual mounting would be the tricky part, and having a huge flat piece of steel behind them may sound funny?

Could likewise put them inside your seats - punch a few holes and set eyelets in them. Lush

i know next to nothing about what will work or sound good, but these are my thoughts

Easy enough to hook up speakers prior to install and put on your favourite song, then you could listen with them exposed/wrapped in headlining to compare the difference. I used to cover my 6x9s in a blanket cause it improved the sound IMO, was nothing fancy mind you.