1G-ge non T-vis exceptionally Slow at low revs.Idle high.

benjike70

I have replaced the 1g-eu with the 1g-ge non tvis in my GX71 mark 2.Just wondering what could be causing it to be so sluggish up to about 5000rpm.It idles very high if I wind the idle down low manually it will cut out slightly before revving.Its running the old 1g-eu fuel pump and filter/vaccum setup.

Maybe it's not getting enough gas? the old sohc internal fuelpump isnt up to the beat? any help appreciated.

Cheers

At one point my distributor locked up so it had no mechanical advance. This is a 1940s engone mind so it may not help. With no mechanical or vac advance it had been set up to run fine once up to 4000rpm, like a generator.

Anyway as the statuc advance was set at 4000rpm it was real slow to get any revs up and had tge idle set real high to compensate

perhaps check the timing is within range and is changing under load?

• 3 weeks later...

If your running a 1G-eu ECU make sure all the sensors, idle ups, vacume network and the AFM are the same as the 1G-eu.

Even the guts of the dizzy into the 1G-Ge one if the part numbers are different.

High idle or stalling if you lower it may only be the TPS adjustment, if you move the idle point on the throttle body the tps needs to be adjusted the same amount to keep everything in sync.

Have you tried using the 1G-eu throttle body and or the TPS on the new engine if it's compatible?