Welding who can do it.

crownin round

I interested in the rules with welding on vechicles for certs etc.

I see you have to pass a test for the lvvta tester on some things but not others etc but then a few mates iv talked to just took lots of photos or got things x rayed and it was good enough. 

Mainly for shortening a diff and rewelding all the mounts and adding say a base plate for an air bag who can do this? and what if something was done before you have owned. 

Also for welding up / fabricting engine mounts  and gear box x member whats the go.

Also to the people saying search i have and cant find anything real world unles its hidden somewhere in the 144 pages of the wof/cert/reg which is far to large to look  through to find. So i propose this becomes a new thread to help people find info on this as im sure its off use to a lot of people.

I think somewhere in there, it says along the lines of "Demonstrated to be to suitable standard to LVVC inspector" or something like that regarding welding.

But to be honest, I'd doubt if they're certed welders so that'd odd.
Anywho, there are "Certified welders" as they go to school and have learnt and have demonstrated that they can do XYZ welds etc etc.

With driveshafts the best idea is take it to a shop, get a receipt and done.

Well, I suppose anything structural but in particular driveshafts :D

• Like 1