UJ needs a timber bollard

Has anyone got a suitable bit of timber for an in-ground bollard?

I need something to stop my wife driving into a hard to see thing, but a big fat timber bollard is hard to find. Anyone got anything laying about in Wellington? I'm happy to pay cash and come collect it of course

I guess I'd want something approx. 300 x 300 x 1,500mm. A square wharf pile would be pretty good. Steel is no good here. I've seen the timber power pole on TM but I'd really prefer square

Ta

EDIT: If mods want to move/delete then I shall not complain as I understand this isn't the WTB secton

oh the irony, put something hard in the way to stop her driving into a hard to see thing (which is also possibly hard)

/ling

standing up or laying on the ground steez?

H4 treated if ya gunna plant it upright (edit Pine)

any fencing contractors/landscapers about? offcuts/seconds posts?

Does it have to be 300 x 300? most of your landscaping depots will sell macrocarpa sleepers which are ~ 200 x 75 x 2.1 mm for about 30 bucks.  You could double it and dress it how you like and mac is pretty sweet in the ground for untreated etc....

• Like 2

Go to that Landscaping place behind your lockup (Bedrock) they have second hand railway sleepers for a decent price.

I think they are $25 for a half (cut longways) or $40 for a full. They also do brand new blue gum ones for about $50 or so.

Railway sleepers are about 350 x 250 x 1500 but don't quote me.

Edit - I just read the post above and my dimensions are waaaaay off. LOL

The bollard will stand up, sticking out of the ground by about a metre. I figure if she (and others) can see it she's much less likely to hit it.

Laminating together some sleepers isn't a bad idea. I hadn't thought of asking Bedrock (doh!), but I have to drive past Ablaze tomorrow so perhaps I'll look in there too.

Thanks guys. You've inadvertently given me some other ideas too (e.g. a stone cairn*)

* I may need my concrete mixer back Gaz.

Yes please! 300mm round would be pretty choice as it seems I can't find square easily. Could I have a couple of metres or so? I can trim it down on site.

The bollard is going either into, or near to, the hole vacated by the concrete pole. I feel the need to protect the footpath mounted telecommunications and electricity pillars

Has the pole gone now?

You get 11m or nothing.  We don't offer a cutting service.

I could arrange for a 2m section to be cut for you, but you might need to head to Petone or Gracefield to collect it with an exchange of beverages for the lines supervisor.

This bollard is so completely and utterly sorted that it's more sorted than any other sorted thing that has ever been sorted in short order by a team of expert sorters sorting things shortly.

Thanks OS, and a special thanks to Vivaspeed (whose keystrokes have launched a thousand Palfingers).

Did I mention that the bollard was sorted?

:-D

• Like 3