Hampton Twilight Trackday (was Taupo Dual Sprints)

Sweet, cheers for advice. Will check that stuff and maybe some of the other possibly dodgy things.

any proj thread updates brad?

Nah, pretty much had baby 9 Months ago..... lol. I've fixed many of the problems I found last year at Hampton Downs though, so that's a bonus. 

What about the doortle bodies? They must add about eleven or more horsepower. I just slammed 205 on budget coilovers and now I don't know how to make it go around corners. And it seems to get hot really fast and I'm not entirely sure why.

I reckon set the rear slightly higher than the front and quite firm with decent spring rates, and set the front lower and softer in a front wheel drive. I've even taken out my front sway bar to try and soften the front and keep the inside wheel on the ground. Will be interesting to see if it helps. 

• Like 1

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

che. yeah i was peaking out that they'd want to check my shit out hardcore (not that there's anything dodgey about it) but it was pretty casual. if you have the obvious stuff sorted then i guess they wont prod too far. i was expecting them to jack it up etc but meh.

But you're wof spec rather than logbook spec.

I just looked at the weather and it looks ok in the morning going to iffy in the afternnon. Pretty sure the car will be broken by then so I’m in!

It's pretty much changing hourly. Now it's looking not so bad, more like showers but quite windy. Hopefully that'll mean it dries out quickly.

Pete, ima need a report on the dual sprints. Gossip, lap times, the lot.

The weather first thing in the morning was yuck so I got my Swandri out of the fridge and went to Tomisa's to eat his sausage.

10622953_10203653414833995_6407105004734

Brad's tail lights didn't work so failed scrutineering. I was given a warning about my fire extinguisher not having enough straps. Dave needed to get some tyres with grooves swapped onto his rims.

Qualifying seemed to go on for hours so there was only time for two races before lunch but by then it'd stopped raining.

Dave's car ran like a sack of dicks so he tinkered with it.

1544539_10203663324521731_36446434461142

I ate more sausages.

Dave and I finally got our first race in at about 2 pm.

1506474_10152684822930991_79176965617052

The Peugeot ran lushly. It was the first time I took it on a track since 2009 and since putting in the new engine and coilovers so was pretty pleased for its first outing. Did 1:31s - two seconds slower than the Clio. Dave did 1:34s I think with the Lotus running like shit.

Would trade again. We're going to have Ferrari dual sprints next year.

• Like 4