C.O.P / Direct ignition

77magnum13hundy

Hey y'all

running wasted spark but one of the coils seems dickered (crack down the side of it, has dropped on the ground and shit oops),

can i set it up to run individual coils if the 1+4 and 2+3 get the same feeds/pulses or is there more to it then that?

What would PIckeys have that i could pilfer for this? particular makes models suitable?

Setup is g1 link with link ignitor running wasted spark on my 16v 4age,  (running 4agze CAS)

Cheers

rob

You can still run waste spark on COP, that's how i run the factory  ecu on my evo with individual coils...

GDI mitsi stuff will be the most common COP setup (but not awesome for all out performance) think ~2000's on RVR (there was one at hamilton PAP last time i was there)

If possible track down a 1NZ powered toyota econobox as these coils are a good length, 3S from altezza is another option for coils (slightly shorter I think), and some of the later honda stuff (I run Honda K20 coils on my Mazda) (slightly longer than the 1NZ ones)

you won't need to run the ignitor any more as Coil on plug have built in ignitors (please double check this but all the ones i have dealt with have been like this)

Works fine, have done this before and yep they have an inbuilt ignitor

Only issue you will have is driving your tacho as the output from 1nz coils is low level so making your tacho work will be fun

Best way will be to use a link output and muck with the resistor inside the tacho

When I'm over this god damn bug thing I'll pop out

Yeah, you can run them together and you can get both internal and external ignitors for COP so get the right ones :)

Tacho drive is simple but you need a couple diodes, a transistor, resistor or 2 and a coil to create the back EMF signal that the tacho uses