Mattscort's VC Val

cletus

I'd suspect that if two of them are too small, you have VG wheels. (Or VH onwards ones, if it's been converted to 114.3x5)

I'm pretty sure I have a few spare later hubcaps floating around. Best bet would be take some pics of what you've got.

My favourites are the AP5/6 hubbies, but the wheels they fit don't clear the decent brakes.

• Like 2

Sweet VC, I used to have a silver one with black interior back in the late 90's. Was 225 manual with drums all round. I put VG discs on, bolt in swap and a dual master cylinder also. Oh, the wheel nuts are RH thread on the LH side if you did not already know, although someone might have swapped the studs out if it has discs.

Chur.

• Like 2

Sweet! Come along to the next monthly welly meet!

ok maybe man whats involved? I don't really cruise town or that sort of thing

those are VG rims, so any hubcap VG- CM will fit. The 2 that you like, i havnt seen those before, i have a set of 770 caps that have that outer pattern but not the valiant logo in the middle

Oh man wanna part with them? Obviously some kind of payment would go your way

I too have never seen caps like those.

Maybe CH/CJ Limo? Or VIP? I think they went away from the plymouth sailing ship symbol in the later years? (At least on hubcaps)

Pity you only have two, as I rate the common variety VG onwards hubcaps as butt ugly.

Also, you car looks really nice in dem pics.

My old VC was purchased for $300 (With wof and reg) back in about '94 by a mate. It was matty B'd using tyre paint thinned with petrol. When the rain eventually wore the black thin, it got re spray bombed matty b.

Them my mate sold it to me. I did skids untill the the type 35 expired. The plates are still out there. Although I think the car might have gone to valiant heaven.

(so many sweet stories, and lush adventures were had)

• Like 1

ok maybe man whats involved? I don't really cruise town or that sort of thing

We just decide on a place to meet up in advance (third thursday of each month) and either bring some dinner along or we all head somewhere for dinner. Just this weekend we went out to Makara beach for  BBQ lunch. Basically just an excuse to get together and talk some smack about cars and whatever else, nothing serious. 

Keep an eye on this thread //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/33331-wellington-monthly-meet-discussion/page-56 and if anything takes your fancy then pop along. 

• Like 2

We just decide on a place to meet up in advance (third thursday of each month) and either bring some dinner along or we all head somewhere for dinner. Just this weekend we went out to Makara beach for  BBQ lunch. Basically just an excuse to get together and talk some smack about cars and whatever else, nothing serious. 

Keep an eye on this thread //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/33331-wellington-monthly-meet-discussion/page-56 and if anything takes your fancy then pop along. 

Oh ok  bro if its low key then I'm in for sure, none of my friends in this end of the world are into old crap so it will be cool to check out some other rides

edit just checked out the pics looks boss

Sneaky suspicion she did the head gasket returning. Massive overheats. It was a long weekend for her she made auckland but didn't quite get back. Compression test will be done when I get back and maybe pressure test coolanr system? Wasnt losing water just heating up crazy hot. I replaced thermostat and it made no difference