Thread locker in diffs/gearboxes.

Vintage Grumble

Hi there. Does anyone know what sort of thread locker you are meant to use in diffs/gearboxes to lock up crown wheel bolts?

Normally in my diff lock tabs are used, but because of the shape of the new lsd, they cant be used, so need to use a thread locker that can handle oil and heat.

My inlaws had some form of loctite fail on them, and destroy a gearbox, so I want to get it rite.

Also, to get a correct torque reading, one would have to oil the bolts, torque them up, mark the position of the head, undo them, clean the crap out of them, then apply the thread lock and do them back up to the mark?

Any info on this would be chursome.

there are many many types of loctite - get the right one for your application?

or maybe your inlaws just did it wrong/had a dud batch/failed for some other reason and then blamed loctite because inlaws

The first one they used couldnt handle the heat I think. They next one they used seems to be all good, but just wanted to check which one is the go/if there was another brand of goop made for the job.

If the loctite tech guy would answer his phone, i'd hit him up.

WTF happened to the resident loctite guy you had in store?

Dont trust him/hes half assed as fuck/will tell you anything will work sweet then lol when it fails.

Just use the super thread lock and never be able to get the apart again. 

I'll find out what the inlaws are using now and see what the specs say I guess.