KE70 Diff upgrade

danger

Buy my b1600 diff... cut down, to suit ke70/ ae86... mounts changed... nissan disc... 4x114.3 just spent $90 on new studs - ain't fucking cheap from Partmaster >.> got mosr the arms for it.. i've kept the rose joints and shit but yeah. 4.8:1 locky... No handbrake cables though lol. Was just going to run a hydro and the brake lines are cable tied on :P Didn't care as was going to use in a skid car Looool. After atleast a g for it. Plus shipping obviously, i'm in auckland.

Don't go Hilux. Way too heavy and super overkill.

As previously said go F series. Buy a cheap estima one, shorten it and put discs on it while you are there (S13 is cheap, prolly even find DXF files for brackets somewhere). This gives you access to Altezza LSDs. If you are real mongrel just shorten the diff housing at home and pay to have the axles shortened and resplined appropriately.

On the strength of AE86 (T series) diffs: The other weekend I ran one behind a my 1uz and even did some drop flag drag racing. Didn't blow it up and managed to beat a turbo S15. It's always the axles that go first and I'm sure I could snap them if I tried.

Don't do that though, go F series.

looks 8 bolt.   4-pinion e7 wagon diff very likely S series 6.38".   come in ke72, ke74 and ce71.  same head as ae85.

I'd suggest F series for your requirements. should handle 300 horsies easy enough. nothing easy bolt in sadly. 

best fit is T13#  corona or a4# celica.  got one myself in ke70 coupe.  its same spec as usa ma46 mk1 supra rear.  4x114.3 factory solid 9" disk brake and 5-10mm total wider than ae86/te71 rear.  see club4ag.com forum for how to convert it to e86/e7 chassis.  can find em in NZ, in jdm tt132 18rgeu 2000GT corona or ra45 GT celica.  but rare things!

CR30 series liteace 4wd or masterace surf 4wd have F diff but drum brake only, some with std lsd.  5stud can be redrilled.  one at zebra parts currently with mangled drum and no head. 

Estima is widest F series you can get but most common to find.  1545mm drum-to-drum vs 1410 for E7 rolla.  5x114.3.  disk versions easy to find at PAP.  big 11"? vented disk with drum handbrake.  they heavy mongrels and drum versions are hilux size drum. head's are chunkier than other F series. 

Crown ms110/112 have disk F series, drum handbrake.  5x114.3 stud. 1450mm wide.  wack handbrake cable system though.

E series 7.1" has same axle diameter as kouki (post 1985 ish) T series so no improvement really.  and cannot get lsd for one either.  4x114/3. common as in 2wd liteace.

identifying toyota diffs... 

http://www.club-k.co.nz/Forums/viewthread.php?tid=10452

sick of typing