Mitsi v6 into sigma, has it been done?

DoBro Jesus

I have never seen it completed without it getting spendy and them using a Toyota box.

There are 2wd manual V6 Tritons but finding a box for one would be near impossible.

If you go ahead use a 6g72 MIVEC engine, 200kw to start with.

engine mounts are no probs just use the Pajero engine block mounts with the Sigma rubber and crossmember mounts. You may have to tap a couple threads (holes already drilled though) and slightly trim the base of the block on FWD blocks though. The Pajero sump is mid-sump which will foul on the crossmember however you should be able to use a FWD sump (front sump) notched about an inch to clear the crossmember. The hardest part would be sorting out a correct facing inlet manifold and re-routing the water pump and pipe setup (which you can steal most of it from a Pajero anyway). Oh yeah the hardest part would be sorting out a gearbox, but it depends on what power you are chasing. If you are keeping it N/A you can use the 2WD gearbox from a MK (or ML if you can afford one) Triton however the ratios are more suited to a ute and the strength is relatively unknown. Best bet would be to use a W58 or R154 using the same adapter plate for a Toyota auto bellhousing to W5x or R154 as the Pajero autos are the same A340's Toyota use. My issue is that I will be running twin turbo and the R154 is quite expensive for what they are (5 speed, not so nice shifting) so I'm looking at finding a Commodore T56 6-speed from Aus which can be had for not too much more than an R154.

The SOHC 3.0L from a Pajero would probably be the cheapest engine to pick up but they aren't all that powerful at some 110kW/150hp while the DOHC 3.5 from a Pajero is 170kW/235hp and more torque (and lower rpm peak) than a Commodore/Buick 3.8 V6. As mentioned above try find the Diamante 30M MIVEC 3.0 as they are 199kW/270hp and 300Nm however they are still a two bolt mains block with the same poor oiling issues the earlier 3.0's suffer from so the 3.5 DOHC is preferable as they have a four bolt mains block and improved oiling. I am actually now trying to track down a Pajero Evo 3.5 MIVEC two attach two TD04 turbos to instead of the 3.0 MIVEC engine I have.