Oldschool.co.nz stand at 4s and Rotors - Nelson

Slacker_Sam.

• 2 weeks later...

We have discussed this as admin and in all honesty 4nR promotions have treated us (as OS) pretty badly in the past and as a forum we have no interest in supporting a promoter who casually breaks agreements made and doesn't give a rats arse once he has received your money.

Not to say you shouldn't enter yourself but the feeling I personally get is that unless you belong to the right clique then you are just cash in the promoters pocket.

• Like 8

OH ok that's cool. I have not been in admin area to have noted this (I must more oftentimes...)

Yeah - if they ain't helpful and screw us over then I don't want to support them in that way.

But will still be cool to have an Oldschool corner rather than have our cars scattered about. We can just see what numbers we can gather and go from there. If we have enough then should we put up an old school banner to promote?

Or do we stay quiet and hand out our own OS flyers to the cars/ people that turn up and are on our wave length?

OH ok that's cool. I have not been in admin area to have noted this (I must more oftentimes...)

Yeah - if they ain't helpful and screw us over then I don't want to support them in that way.

But will still be cool to have an Oldschool corner rather than have our cars scattered about. We can just see what numbers we can gather and go from there. If we have enough then should we put up an old school banner to promote?

Or do we stay quiet and hand out our own OS flyers to the cars/ people that turn up and are on our wave length?

Nah we are not interested in putting up the banner at 4nR as per my above post.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone's interested i have started club for top of south island check out us on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/TimelessRides2013 we have around 6 cars entering mostly oldschool if anyone wants to enter in our club they are welcome. I have never seen oldschool.co.nz enetred as a group in a southisland champs event? did they get treated badly in northisland? 

I don't think it is just oldschool. Other clubs that I know of (and one I participated in 4 and rotary nationals with) also fell into the same trap. This event seems to just be a money making business like anything else, and regardless of how many "spots" you purchase for the event, you get what you are given and have to make do with that. It is not a great culture or atmosphere at the event either, and while it was good to promote oldschool (and even get a couple of awards), we have been burnt by these events and wouldn't encourage other regions to bother supporting them.

We have some top secret plans in motion for next time Christchurch hosts one to cause a big stir without sending even a cent their way heh heh hehh. Was meant to happen this year before they bailed on it, and Nelson isn't really worth the trip

• Like 5

Nelson has great flat whites. Plus sun. And on Saturdays all the pretty girls walk about town with no tops on.

But yeah- long way to come just to watch flat peaked cap, beach shorts 4 sizes too big and black socks pulled up to knees with jandals wearing yoof. Or whatever the younguns' wear these days. Certainly not stubbies and a swanny like good ol days....

Us old boring car types could just do a display outside   'cheap old cars and cheap ol entry'

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was speaking to a mate yesterday, and I asked him if he might show his car in nelson.

He said he wasn't, and reckoned that after the show, once the sun goes down their is going to be all kinds of trouble. Probably be all kinds of dickheads from chch, mixing with/making trouble with any dickheads from nelson.

I think he's fucking bang on too.

• Like 2