Grinder blades

drftnmaz

Man there's a lot of chat about cutoff wheels here... Anyone would think you lot were into rusty cars? 

My makita ones sell for around $30 for a 10pack at bunnings (standard retail) and they can get a lot cheaper. From experience, the Norton ones are OK, but Sunflex is priced better and The Toolshed branded ones are cheaper again (I used to sell them for $1ea to trade guys or cheaper for 50). 

It's worth spending a bit extra to get a good 1mm inox disc (usually labelled stainless steel) as they last a lot longer. 

I spent the afternoon making stuff using a makita 1.2mm blade and it lasted the whole time, abit slower to cut but took a punishing, much like a flexovit would

i think i'll try most of them over the next couple months and see if some of them suit my type of work better than others, might need to keep stocks of a couple types to suit...

thanks guys!

dont get HPM discs they are shit

inox/norton/flexovit maybe a couple of others

its worth getting the better ones even if they are twice the price as they last 4x as long and you arent getting pissed off and wasting time swapping discs every 3 minutes

I had heaps of failures with the Klingspor ones, get them hot and the glue fails, do a little side-grinding or cutting on funny angles and they can fly apart, however they are very quick to cut so can save alot of time when used properly, and time is money... first couple that let go can freak you out tho