4 barrel injection

kurtis1791

Hi guys.

Just picked myself up a vn commodore thats been converted to a v8 using a crashed calais.

Am looking at loosing the factory injection manifold, have already got a redline hi winder manifold in the garage so am looking at going for a 4barrel throttle body system. 

How do I go about these efi throttle bodies, like what sort of size would I be looking for, would I get one with the injectors on the tb or be getting the manifold drilled for them . Also would the factory ecu be able to run this or would I need to get an aftermarket computer?

Has anyone on here used one of these? Have found an edelbrock throttle body that flows 1000cfm which is the smallest they do and looks like they way to go. So I think ill just have to get my manifold drilled for injectors? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance. Kurt

if you get the manifold drilled for injectors you might be able to use the factory computer to get it running but it probably wont be ideal and could run lean. I think those old commodore ecus were tuneable with a eprom mod and some software called kalmaker but have not heard anything about that stuff for donkeys years. otherwise you could goto a link/megasquirt/microsqurt/what have you and run aftermarket which would really be the ideal way to go and you wouldn't regret it later really.

Yea I think thats the way ill go. Over on the commodore forums they reckon factory computer is capable but ive been reading up on megasquirts and quite like that id be able to tune it myself which will be something new but am keen to learn and like that id be able to tidy up all the wiring with an aftermarket computer as well.

Now does anybody know where I could get my manifold drilled for injectors? Preferably in Wellington

Cheers Kurt