Bent rear axle/hub, how to fix????

DoBro Jesus

Soooo today i went slightly too fast around a terribly cambered corner and my left rear wheel and curb had a bit of an aggressive introduction, anywhoooo what is happening is that when i spin the wheel it catches on the brakes, so im not too sure if the whole axle is bent or just the hub, i kinda need this fixed asap as i need to drive to petone each day and living in wellington means i commute about 40ks a day, it's a 81 sigma, solid rear axle, can i just whack the shit out of it or what? cheeeeerssssssss :D

Since no one has touched this . pretty that they have outboard drums which means they are firmly sandwhiched against the rim . which means.

are you sure its the brakes your rubbing on . the axle is pretty well supported and very strong / tend to snap instead of bend. try a spare wheel perhaps?

yup the wheel was buckled so changed to the spare, still feels like is bent or something as the drums definitely still rubs on the shoes after every rotation of the wheel, you can hear it rubbing while driving and when i got home all i could smell was hot brakes haha