MRWEST BMC 1300

KKtrips

Build Thread - //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/36220-mrwests-73-british-piece/

Sounds like some awesome potential.

Give the fuel pump a bit of a whack with a hammer - they often kick into life - they are in the spare wheel well behind the black panel on the passenger side (I think)

Also if you need tailights etc I most probably have them.

This ones been replaced and mounted in the engine bay on the firewall, isnt actually that old looking but wiring is only twisted on at power end and may have shorted on something potentially? But will go back down in a sec n give a hammering an see how it goes.

Yeah need a right rear, will keep that in mind, will go try for a wof see what else is wrong if anyhting before i get to carried away buying stuff. Last WOF was in 2002 been sitting in the shed ever since.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=561303853

Running one of these currently in the engine bay.

Thing is i cant remember if we just temporarily mounted this/used this when it shit itself or whether we were running for a while like that...It was along time ago lol

Might go have a look and see if the original ones there/still working..guessing its not.

Cool thanks for that Xploit will keep that in mind..

In terms of rust i havent looked to close recently but think its pretty sound. It has lived in a shed its whole life. Was reregistered in 93 after sitting for some time. Only used for 2 years by the looks of carjam then sat till 2001 when my parents used it as a 2nd car for a couple of years.

Then has sat again since.

Has been in the family since new an is still pretty mint considering its age. Interior especially.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...