Bundy Tube vs Cupro Nickel for Brake Lines

slacker.cam

I'm currently going through the braking system on my Fronte and everythings rooted due to it sitting for 10 years. I figure it's best to make all new hard lines as they all have some degree of corrosion on the outside so they insides probably aren't much better.

I'm trying to figure out if I should go with steel bundy tube or the cupro nickel tubing. I've never worked with either variety before so I need some advice as to if the extra expense of the copper/nickel stuff is worth it? I understand it's significantly easier to bend and it doesn't have the corrosion issues of plated steel. The price difference seems to be pretty high though - in the order of $15 for a coil of steel vs $100 for cupro nickel.

Which should I go with?

Also, if anyone has a good source for tubing in Auckland then I'd like to hear about it too.

Yea just use bundy man, it comes in standard copper coated or zinc plated the zinc usually looks tidier but costs a tiny bit more. Pretty sure some European manufacturers use copper-nickel tubing now days for extra corrosion resistance but its not really needed for the extra cost. Just get a little hand bender to make tidy bends, and make sure you double over your flares and all will be good.

• Like 1

My idea of cheap/expensive might be warped given that I'm working on a car that cost me $200 and is worth nothing to re-sell even if its legal. I've realised that cheap projects are all good, but if you have to spend any money on them it becomes not cheap pretty quickly.