Alloy radiators- questions...

yoeddynz

Will need a new radiator for the viva. Planning on alloy as these new plastic ones just don't look right plus the issue with them going brittle. I have found this universal one which fits the bill but wondering if anyone has experience with them...Problems? Seems pretty cheap?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=550306654

I have read that alloy does not conduct heat as well as copper. But the price of copper, the lighter weight etc have made alloy rads more common now.?

And number of cores. Ages ago I remember an article stating that one or two cores is fine and extra cores on top of that are not necessarily better due to the extra heat coming off the first cores and just heating the next ones. Better to go bigger overall?

I can fit up to 710 wide, 500 + tall and plenty of room for thickness. I need top inlet on right, bottom outlet on left.

have used a couple of them without any issues. but the one in brothers safari cracked 5 of the cores right at the end tank, so was a throw away, was around 1 year old. like any of the chinese stuff. can be a gamble. cooling wise never had any issues

good thing about them, its easy to mod/ weld them. being ali tanks

Yeah I was gonna try fenix when back at work tomorrow cause I think we have a trade account there. I imagine the fenix ones are all Chinese too but that doesn't matter if warranty is ok.

How many cores do most modern rads have? One, two? Say like bigger v6 engines. I looked at a load at wreakers today and most seemed one core.