Painting info - bare metal to etch primer

jaikno66

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

You want people to help you, but you are not willing to read the advice they give. Do you really want help or not? If you do, go find your other thread and read what people said. Spencer gave you an explanation on what to do. If you can't follow what he said, then painting is not for you i'm afraid.

• Like 1

As am I, hence why I went and talked to people who knew what they are doing and LISTENED to the advice they gave. We said in the other thread what to do, almost step by step, but you didn't take it in and now have started another thread.

Edited by Truenotch
Chill out Rookie, he's only young and needs advice.

Can you guys add some constructive advice? Jaikno is a new, young member and he can really benefit from our experience. Try being patient.

I'll add something here - always clean the panel after using paint stripper, you don't want any traces left. Prepsol or wax and grease remover on a clean rag will do the trick. Depending on the surface of your panel, it could be a good idea to do a light sand (with p600 or thereabouts), then clean it again and lay your etch primer. After the etch you'll want to do another light sand (dry) before moving onto a base coat or general primer coat.

What type of paint are you using and what condition are your panels in?

Na, sorry Markku, have a look at this guys topics.

I've already checked them out man. This probably didn't justify starting a new topic, but they are still valid questions. It takes a while to learn what to do with cars, and also takes time to understand forum etiquette.

How well did you understand automotive painting at 14 years old?

Anyway, I'm merging this topic with the older one so everything can be referenced from one place.